Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I can't take it anymore I need to ask somebody about this. Basically I bought a turbo 1996 d16y8 sedan with vtec disabled. The car ran and drove great for a couple months, and was tons of fun. Has vitara pistons with eagle H beam rods and makes 140hp on 8psi. ECU of choice is NepTuneRTP. A few months ago I decided that I wanted to launch my car on 2 step and I did and then I drove home from where I did it and ever since then it has idled at like 2600rpm. I've sat and messed around with everything including the "target idle" on the Neptune software and it makes no difference. Any idea what could've happened? Also the IACV is blocked off and I have it deleted on my software. I just don't know anymore I can't believe it ran and idled perfect before and I launched it kind of aggressively and now it won't idle properly anymore. I've literally messed with everything and changed most vacuum lines and I just want some ideas thrown at me. Anything will help I just can't find anyone talking about any issues similar in the forums and I need help badly.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
tried adjusting the idle adjustment screw? sounds like you've got more of a vac leak than before somewhere.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Sounds like a typical vacuum leak.

Check all the vacuum lines and gaskets like the intake manifold, throttle body, "block off plate" ect.

Some of those Y8 intake manifolds have that weird air jet system by the injectors, someone correct if I'm wrong.

FYI do not T off the fuel pressure regulator line. It'll make you car run like shit under load.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
fitv or a leak on the manifold somewhere. adjusting the settings in neptune will only bandaid the actual issue, your getting air leaking past the throttle body somehow.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
pop hood open, secure at highest position near hinges for best reach.

on the back side of the intake manifold, reach under it, to left of brake booster. there is a very small vacuum nipple.

quite an easy thing to miss, and fucked my idle for awhile when I did the Y8 intake swap on my DX.

I have 3 inches of vacuum line on it, and a screw shoved into it to seal it. has worked for me.

here is a picture. it is present on BOTH auto and manual manifolds on the under side of runner #1, closest to brake booster

image taken from an amazon listing, so may disappear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts