Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys.. just looking for a new turbo for my build.....

its pretty much going to be just a drag car because i just bought a firebird for my daily driver...

my build is in my signiture....

will a t70 turbo be alright...

i know it will be a little laggy but it will rip when it starts spooling... im not concerned about lag.... just want a pretty big turbo... and no i dont want a 57trim.... its going to be a track car...

will this turbo be ok...???

WHEEL: 0.70 A/R

TRIM SIZE: 48.9

TURBINE WHEEL SPEC:

WHEEL: 0.84 A/R

TRIM SIZE: 61.9

thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
180 Posts
.70 trim turbo is pretty big but anything is possible...personally i would go with a super 60 thats just my 0.2

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
you could also check out Greg at go-autoworks I believe he is a precision turbo dealer, I love PTE turbo's

A T70 is going to be a bit much. The big turbo/SOHC match is going to start getting more and more popular. (I think I brought this up in every turbo SOHC phone conversation I've had this year) You'll see a few making big #s on "larger" turbos...and 1 making HUGE #s on a HUGE turbo. But don't over look the most important part...flow. Sticking a big turbo on a stock head w really low compression is probably going to be a disappointment.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the responses.....so what turbo should i get...??? lol what i mean is what turbo size i should get..? since everyone is saying a t70 is too bigg i guess i wont be trying that out..... but yeah the head is a stock z6 rebuilt to stock at the moment... will be upgrading to a cam and springs and retainers by the middle of the summer......

but the question is still...... what turbo? t3 t60-1??? and greg (autoworks) do you have ne used turbos yet...??? i wanna run a bigger turbo then the almighty popular 57trim on the sohc.... 2-step and preloading will take care of some lagg

thanks guys,
matt

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Compressor wheel Trim - 50

Compressor Housing A/R - .70

Turbine Wheel - Stage 5 (O-Trim)

Turbine Housing A/R - .63

Approx. Max Flow - 750+ CFM

how about this?? says its similar to the garrett gt30, but this turbo is a hybrid t3t4

·
Registered
777 Posts
i have a 54 trim on my vitara build... when it goes into boost it definatly rips. if its just going to be a drag car go with the t70 and spray to spool it....

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
hell jfk just put out 471 hp on a ebay 63/50 and the power band on these turbos is nice I just didnt think that 29 psi would still be in the efficiency range but it is so that is something to think about I know what turbo you are looking at and it does sound temping I thought of this when I got a quote for a rebuild and a .60 a/r comp but they also had a .70. Id say try the 70 and see what happens if your willing to experiment maybe see if you can get a ems with anti lag to spool that bastard

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all of the replys....

yeah 471hp on a t3t4 is pretty nice especially if its an ebay turbo.... my last ebay turbo lasted over a year.. so ima going to try another ebay turbo...

so ive found the t70 which is pretty big... im still debating

but then i came acrossed this... which is smaller then the t70, and bigger then the t3t4 57trim

they say its about the same size as the gt30... and i know "muddyburns" on here ran a gt30 and had some good numbers....

here it is let me know what you think http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3T4-Stage-Stg-5-Turbo-Ford-GM-Ecotec-Honda-Nissan-DSM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ008QQitemZ180238437868QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
yey I saw it I think it would probably do you good gt30 for the single is a great turbo form what I understand 70 a/r compressor is definitely gonna flow like crazy and the 63 a/r hot side will spool quick enough and give you top end if you get it let me know how you like it. And where the hell have you been at you have not been posting much lately

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha... thanks yeah im not too familar with turbos... so you think the one i sent in the link will be a good turbo....??? and 70ar with a 63 ar comp isnt too bad right..?? this car is not going to be daily driven sooo if i have lag it will be alright once i get out of first gear anyway... just gotta get it to start spooling then its alright...

i have been working alot lately... and also i picked up a 1992 firebird formula as my daily driver... so now the civic will only be a track car... the firebird only cost me 1000 bucks, and she runs strong with a 5.0 in it... lol its not fast but it runs strong... but yeah i went to englishtown this past weekend and it was nice... i was kinda jealouse but owell lol, ill be happy with low 11's with my setup for now anyways..

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyother feedback on the last turbo i put up in the link...?? a little big but smaller then the t70

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
732 Posts
yes

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok guys... my choice is between this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Garrett-T3-T4-T04E-Turbo-REAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ007QQitemZ170217884449QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

used garrett

or this one brand new 60-1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-60-1-AR70-BIG-SHAFT-63-TRIM-T3-FLANGE-TURBO-CHARGER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ025QQitemZ380024894418QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

which one...??? im looking for at least 400hp... the garrett is alot smaller then the 60-1... and this car is not my daily driver... im liking the 60-1

1 - 20 of 23 Posts