Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turbo chargeing a stock zc can raise to 200hp?

can i use stock con rod , piston and cams to boost o.8bar in a stock dohc zc?

i should use what size of turbo ,will TD05 suitable?
thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
My first DOHC ZC made 160 HP to the wheels with a T-25 turbo off a 2nd gen DSM. All stock internals. It ran great for 2 years at 6-8 PSI:cool: Then I had the great idea to turn the boost up to 10-12 PSI, the car was FAST for about 2 weeks then BOOM, rod came out the front of the motor:crying: Stay under 10 PSI with some good fuel management and you should be close to 200 HP and the motor will hold up fine.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zc with 160hp

enough to bit B16a??

6-8pis means how many bar(pressure )?
since we don't use psi as common unit here
thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
That will leave you neck & neck with a b16, lighter body giving you the advantage. With stock internals, you can extract about 180hp safely. 200hp is really pushing it and the stock map sensor is limited to 12psi if I'm not mistaken. T25 is quick fun, t3 is for higher rpm boost good til redline. Throw in some forged pistons, h-beam rods, and a t3/t4 turbo, and you will go above 200hp mark. I seen 318whp on a built zc. Keyone is standalone managememt.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

=.= we don't need 300hp zc here
everybody drive b18c here
people are damn rich ~.~

why you guys tell me that turbo zc is bette than b16a turbo?

vtec+turbo seems better?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Sikocivic said:
My first DOHC ZC made 160 HP to the wheels with a T-25 turbo off a 2nd gen DSM. All stock internals. It ran great for 2 years at 6-8 PSI:cool: Then I had the great idea to turn the boost up to 10-12 PSI, the car was FAST for about 2 weeks then BOOM, rod came out the front of the motor:crying: Stay under 10 PSI with some good fuel management and you should be close to 200 HP and the motor will hold up fine.

what else did you change when you boost at 8psi?did you have any fuel,ignition, cam and ecu upgrade?

·
Registered
424 Posts
cargodclub said:
thanks

what else did you change when you boost at 8psi?did you have any fuel,ignition, cam and ecu upgrade?
I was useing the exhaust manifold from the HF CRX, a Vortech 10-1 FMU, MSD inline fuel pump, Missing link, and an intercooler from a Starion.

·
Registered
95 Civic COUPE!
414 Posts
My friend is running a hf manifold with adapter plate to a ct26 turbo off of a 7m supra motor stock internals @13.5psi dynoed on a dynojet 234whp and 200ftq runs fine hasent had any issues betas the crap out of it daily :werd:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Chaos325 said:
That will leave you neck & neck with a b16, lighter body giving you the advantage.

What?!!?
A turbo zc being neck & neck with a b16?!?!

No way, my STOCK ZC beat b16's bud, sorry, and actually even a b18c in a '95 civic. A boosted ZC with 160 *WHP* will SLAUGHTER a b16 all day long....my $.02

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow

powerful

i wonder if i can boost with my newly bought nippon racing racing piston ~.~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts