Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just put this smaller IHI RHB5 turbo with 6k on it, on my y8 motor. I had a t3/ t4 but took it off because it burned tons of oil. Now this turbo's doing the same thing. I have been reading up on PVC systems, but don't understand it all that well.

Here's my problem,

When the cars idling, it seems to burn a lot of oil. As you open the throttle tons of blue smoke pours out the exhaust. It clears up as I drive it but, happens everytime I stop at a light. The turbo also seems to be leaking oil from it, like its the seals. The turbo was just rebuilt about 6,000 miles ago.

I have the stock pvc system on the Y8 still, theres also a breather filter on the valve cover where the hose is suppose to hook up to the intake tube.

Can anyone help me out here? I am tired of leaving half a block of smoke behind me.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
have you done a compression check on the engine?

oil in the coolant? overheating? how much oil is getting consumed (like 1qt/1000miles?)

could just be this turbo's fucked also. have you checked your pipes/BOV/IC for any oil?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have you done a compression check on the engine?

oil in the coolant? overheating? how much oil is getting consumed (like 1qt/1000miles?)

could just be this turbo's fucked also. have you checked your pipes/BOV/IC for any oil?
I just put this turbo on 2 days ago, drove the car maybe 35 miles since then. Theres some oil in the IC piping and on the compressor side. Car doesn't over heat or anything.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Might be some vavle stem seals if it just happens when you first start the car or are sitting at a light then it goes away.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car runs fine without the turbo bolted on.

I am going to pick up another restrictor, and see if it stills smokes as bad.

·
Registered
113 Posts
well if it runs fine without the turbo obviously that is the problem. Sound like too much oil flow to me.

·
JDM Justin
812 Posts
oil restrictor or your turbo seals are blown

i'm gonna vote for the latter

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i dunno, did you get it rebuilt or did you buy it from someone who had it rebuilt? they could have blown the seals if they weren't using a restrictor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts