Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and some friends are doing a turbo build and i decided to take you people on the journey with me . So far the shell is a 90 crx dx , the motor is a d16y8. so far the oarts we have obtained is full ebay turbo kit for now skunk 2 intake manifold aem fuel rail cp low compression pistons and eagle rods. i will post pictures up soon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol this manifold waste gate setup only has to last about 1 month until the real one comes into play

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im getting a manifold made like the one on the cft car front mount turbo right into the intercooler

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
im getting a manifold made like the one on the cft car front mount turbo right into the intercooler
wait for that before you make your down pipe and charge piping setup

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
So then why drop a g on an ebay turbo kit if you have that kind of money to spend. Do it right once.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well my friends dad doesnt want to wait for my guy to make it so he bought this stup for now i told him to wait but he wants to see what the car can do on that then we will change the setup. you guys can believe me or not but the only thing i control is what goes on with the wiring if they want to be in a rush to get the car running then thats on them not my money he already payed for the other manifold and down pipe to get made but theres a big line before the guy gets to us

·
Registered
838 Posts
I went this route awhile back when i first built my vitara setup. I maxed out my greddy kit and got bored with it. My friend bought an ebay turbo kit (cast iron manifold) and at that time people were having success with it so i traded him my greddy kit for his ebay kit (he got the better end of the deal). Well the ebay parts slowly started falling apart. its been 2 years now and the only parts that remain from the ebay kit is the cast manifold, intercooler piping and bov ( thanks to the bicycle tube diaphram write up) .

I must say it was a nice learning process. good luck with your build.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats a big jump from what you currently have.
What do you plan on doing with the car? What's your goal for the car?
well our goal with that setup is high 11 low 12 then when we get the other turbo and manifold set up shooting for the 10 its in a crx of course with plexy windows cars going to weight nothing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts