Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16z6 obd1. I finished the whole build including 460cc rx7 injectors. I chipped my ecu and downloaded a basemap. When I turned the key for the first time my engine ran for about 10 seconds before choking and flooding

I pulled the spark plugs to make sure they are working, no start

I pulled the J1 jumper on my ecu to get my stock basemap back, no start

It seems like my chip isn't working because way too much fuel is being put in as if my ecu still thinks it's running 240cc injectors. Any suggestions please?!? I need help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the stock p28 basemap but with bigger injectors but nothing happened...unless it's just too flooded to start no matter what

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Have you ever tuned a car before?

Also you might have the chip turned around backwards... idk

Maybe someone with more knowledge will come along and help you.

Aslo you might to let us know which program your running and the emulators and what not your using

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using crome....a burns2 chip burner. And I've double checked my chip and socket placement. I hope I don't have a bad 28 pin socket for the chip. Yeah I'd really love to have an expert on this help me out

·
Registered
111 Posts
EDIT: answered already ha

I had a similar situation with my previous turbo ek and it turned out to just be a bad chip from Phearable. Did you try just re burning a new chip?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Krueger, I only have the one chip ATM. But it's been burning fine. Does that mean the chip is good or do I have to buy another one?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not quite yet, i wouldnt just assume thats it, just thought maybe if you had an extra to try it. But maybe do some more research before jumping to it. Just was an idea since i had a similar issue.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Borrow A stock p28 from someone if you can. it should run on a stock p28 just idle really crappy if its the chip thats the problem

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
remove j1 jumper and put stock injectors back in.
Try to start and run her like that.
IF she starts and runs then move on to burning a stock map onto a chip.
She if she starts like that if no then something is wrong with the chip, burner, or ecu.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Somehow it's not recognizing my chip :( it's really depressing. So it still thinks I have 240cc injectors so it's just wizzing fuel everywhere and running super rich. Anyone know how I can make is see the chip?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
I tried the stock p28 basemap but with bigger injectors but nothing happened...unless it's just too flooded to start no matter what
Your Doing It Wrong!

I'm using crome....a burns2 chip burner. And I've double checked my chip and socket placement. I hope I don't have a bad 28 pin socket for the chip Yeah I'd really love to have an expert on this help me out.
^

Your in the right place and this would be Quote #2

Krueger, I only have the one chip ATM. But it's been burning fine. Does that mean the chip is good or do I have to buy another one?
How do you know? See quote #2

remove j1 jumper and put stock injectors back in.
Try to start and run her like that.
IF she starts and runs then move on to burning a stock map onto a chip.
She if she starts like that if no then something is wrong with the chip, burner, or ecu.
This ^

Somehow it's not recognizing my chip :( it's really depressing. So it still thinks I have 240cc injectors so it's just wizzing fuel everywhere and running super rich. Anyone know how I can make is see the chip?
See Quote #2

If you still have the stock injectors put them back in and see if it will idle
And This ^^

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey does anyone know what happens if the J1 is in but the chip isn't? Does it run the stock chip or just not start?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
im guessing the OP knows that you cant just plug in any injector and expect them to work properly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts