·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am wanting to build a a6 turbo build
TT rods <-dont have yet
and Vitara pistons 75.00 mm which i do have
Questions
1. Which block would yall use ? d16a6 or d15b2 ?
I found both local
2.Which one would be more user friendly with rods I dont want to have to modifi the block <first build so im a puss ;)
3.should I use a low millage "jdm" motor or a used one seeing that they will both be yanked apart and rebuilt ?
Thanks yall
I have searched but i am hereing to many diffrent things

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
TT rods <-dont have yet
Questions
I found both local
2.Which one would be more user friendly with rods I dont want to have to modifi the block <first build so im a puss ;)
3.should I use a low millage "jdm" motor or a used one seeing that they will both be yanked apart and rebuilt ?
Thanks yall
1. A6, TT rods won't fit the D15's crank.
2. You will have to notch the block at a bare minimum and perhaps the girdle depending on the rod bolts. It's easy, don't be a puss.
3.USDM = better value (cheaper)

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
TT rods <-dont have yet
Questions
I found both local
Thanks yall

well here is the way i look but just the way i look at it. I look at each engines specs the way thy are from the factory. the d15b2 comes with a displacement of 1493 cm will the d16a6 has a displacement of 1590 cm. pretty big difference. While both carry the same bore,the b2 has a stroke of 84.5 mm while the a6 has a stroke of 90 mm. The b2 came with 92 hp and the a6 115hp. Sure these numbers mean shit cause your gonna change the internals ne way,but my point being that the a6 came better from the factory(not by much) but still better which means it would be a better platform to start with a build. take the a6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts