Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey whats up im startin a turbo build on my 90 4spd hatch. but the thing is do you think i should turbo the d15b2 for now and around november swap in a dohc zc or a d16a6. im gonna be runnin a turbo out of a mazda mx6 turbo i have its factory set at 8 psi and i got a friend with a ssautocrap manifold i can use but im thinkin of finding a hf mani. i have the oil lines and the ic piping and fmic and the down pipe.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
common guys i need some help on this should i turbo the d15b2 or just wait and turbo the a6 or the dohc zc and wich one should i use the a6 or the dohc zc

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so do you think i should swap in a d16a6 or the dohc zc and then boost it

·
0 Posts
They are both good engines for boost. I consider the ZC rare so I would go with the sohc since blocks are plentyful

O

·
0 Posts
if you are going to swap, I'ls stay with the A6 motor. it will bolt everythign up jsut liek the D15 so if you went turbo now, everything bolts if the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Or NEP heres another idea.. all depends on how good ur block is and all that good stuff. Find sum1 selling a d16 head, then do a MPFI swap and get rid of ur dpfi crap.. then wallah u have some sort of d16a6/z6/y8 hybrid build up? Then u can go ahead and build it up and turbo it :) -- Hey easier than swapping a whole motor, id think? :TU: Or unless sum disagree's w/ me but thats my oppinion, either way have fun w/ the boost :D

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what would be the best in the long run the a6 or dohc zc?? cuz im going to stay wit the 4spd till i find a si tranny for cheap...

O

·
0 Posts
A6 also the A6 flows better than the ZC. if you take a fully ported ZC head because of the design (despite it's dohc) it will then "maybe flow as well as a stock Z6 head. the A6 flows much better in stock form than the stock Zc head. so it's basically starting you out that much ahead and even with tons of work the ZC will still not flow worth a darn.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
should i even bother turboing the d15b2 or should i just swap in the d16a6 do new injectors get my ecu done and get a fpr and run about 5-8psi?? could i get away with not upgrading the injectors

O

·
0 Posts
naw you should be fine with 6psi w/o that. if you go higher, then YES. it's not the best but it's ok and will work.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
d16a6 run a fpr my ecu run 6-8psi and ill be cool. back when we turboed my friends hatch we used the ssautocrap kit and was runnin 5-8 psi but he had no fuel management and the stock ecu after about 3 weeks he was havin a few probs

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill take sum pics when i start the build

O

·
0 Posts
NO, 5-6psi ONLY. if you go above 6 psi you need something better than "just" an fmu. please remember that is what I mentioned and please do not change that. if you do noty adheir to that you WILL ruin a engine from running to lean.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well will i be good runnin 8psi with a uberdata or neptune and the fpr or do i need some 250cc injectors as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just use the d15 to get all the bugs work out of everything . That way if you blow it up its only a d15 . Then swap the a6 and a si tranny at the same time . And id looking into atleast an afc for tuning instead of a fmu.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts