Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im 3/4 of the way done and when i get it first started up and start driving does anybody hav any break in tips.. like start at low boosst and work my way up??,.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
On new setups, I usually prime the oil off into a bottle. Then connect it to the turbo. Crank it and let it sit and idle until it gets to operating temps. I'd drive it around (doing laps) barely making it to 1psi and let off for a few mile repeatedly, and that's it. Check for leaks, and that's about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was told when I bought my new turbo from Michigan Turbo to unplug the plug wires and crank the car over until I got oil pressure to prime the turbo. Once thats done, the dude said to start it up and drive it easy for the first few days aka no full boost/redline runs. I did that and its been running great. Also, make sure you run an oil restrictor so you dont toast the seals on your turbo. 19-20psi oil pressure at idle and 30-32psi oil pressure max. Thats what I was told by the pros.

·
Registered
489 Posts
ok i primed mine... then on my box from hastings it says to do 10+ pulls of 30-50 MPH at 3/4 throttle and let the car slow you down. i did that under 6 PSI. I have 800 miles on my car and i have up the boost to 12 after 400 miles. hope that helps and GL....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts