Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i decided to rebuild my DSM T25, and ya, like an idiot i neglected to SEARCH, before i tore it apart. So now....i need to have it balanced.

I was wondering what companies you guys would suggest sending it to, i've googled turbo balancing servicing (es), and found alot of companies that do the job, but i was hoping to get some feedback from personal experiences, as to which companies i should pursue, and which ones to avoid.

United States companies only please.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Did you measure the bearing bores? You have a .0005" tolerance (to give you an idea a sheet of printer paper is 8 times thicker). If you don't have the tools to measure or have not measured you are wasting money and time. Most do not take care of their turbos like they should. Meaning that you will most likely need to have plus sized bearings and have the housing bored as well.

·
Registered
CRX
104 Posts
You will spend alot more trying to fix this turbo than if u just bought another one. Rebuilding turbos is not the cheapest thing in the world and you should be able to find a stock one in great shat for 150 or less mabey even free if u go on the dsm websites

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Any recommended (BBB) Diesel shops in your local area should be about to do it without the hassle of mailing anything.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Any shop that rebuilds turbos for generators and semi's is going to be a good choice.

Tractor shops can be a source, I know some of the generators Ive trained on have John Deere motors, and they have a small/medium but very potent turbo on there. Some of the generators have over 1,500 hours run time on the original build. Just services like fluids and filters on schedule and daily inspections.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmmm...well...I was hoping to get feedback from members that have had their stuff rebuilt. and their experience with the shop. but I appreciate the alternative with the diesel stuff.
i'm pretty commited to the t25 for this build. and I feel that id be better of in the long run with a rebuilt. mine had minimal/slight shaft play, but after I tore it apart I found the seals were shot.
makes more sense to rebuild then to gamble on another second hand snail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts