Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a t3/t4 57 trim off autoworks and I was wondering if I should send it off to get rebalanced plus I have no idea where I could find a compressor housing o-rings or should I just rebuild it?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
buy a rebuild kit from gpopshop.com, you shouldn't have to balance it if you're only replacing bearings.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it isn't a nice name brand turbo like a garrett turbonetics ect. i wouldn't worry bout re balancing it, it isn't worth it for a no name turbo since you can get brand new ones for less than it cost to rebuild it

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If it's fine now then just leave it alone. If it's questionable then just send it out to be rebuilt, better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
110 Posts
you can always mark everythings position when tearing the turbo apart. they balance the turbines,etc in grams... always blew my mind a few grams could potentially damage your turbo.
anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a garrett but Im saying that I have no idea about its past use, I can rebuild the turbo myself but I was wondering about how the balance would be effected, or if it would be effected? I guess it shouldnt be effected now that I think about cause I was thinking about they different compressor wheel would affect the balanace, but the shaft and compressor wheel are balanced seperate right?

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
They're balanced by shaving off portions of the nut on the ends of the shaft. And yes, seeing how tenths of grams are important, I'd have a pro. do the balancing. The actual rebuild is cake-work. I can see even carbon build-up on the shaft and wheel throwing off the factory balance.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where should I send it? Ive been looking at blaastperformance, but I remeber a member here had some bad things to say about them... need someone that is tried and true...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are the 360 degree thrust bearings worth it? the guy from blaast told me that I should swap to a 63 ar turbine if I want to make more then 300...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
You should measure the trim size. My turbo look exactly like the one Autoworks sold you. I was planning to get it for a spare but have a change in mind. But my turbo trim measure up to be a 50 trim with the same 70 a/r compressor housing too. Beside that standard .48 a/r stage 1 shaft is what is holding you back. The .63 a/r turbine would help the turbo breathe alot better. Oh and balance the turbo.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should measure the trim size. My turbo look exactly like the one Autoworks sold you. I was planning to get it for a spare but have a change in mind. But my turbo trim measure up to be a 50 trim with the same 70 a/r compressor housing too. Beside that standard .48 a/r stage 1 shaft is what is holding you back. The .63 a/r turbine would help the turbo breathe alot better. Oh and balance the turbo.

hey thanks, so either a 63 a/r turbine or a upgraded wheel? Blaastperformance is cheaper by like 100 then g pop but I no one has anything to say about blaast? cause I saw someone say that it to gpop in another thread

·
Registered
274 Posts
the guy i have rebuild my turbos, turbomaster on here, does it that way, just marks the stock balancing on the turbos, and takes it aparts, rebuilds it, matches up the balance marks he made, and we all use turbos he has rebuilt around here in our little honda group. none of us ever have had a problem wtih them...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts