Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy i dont get on here much any more but i wanted to show you all a small project i did for my GF and her 97 integra LS auto. here is a link to the thread and video. this can also be applied to SOHC autos as well, i plan on doing this to my 06 ridgline soon and its a j35 auto.

Turbo automatic obd2 integra , with ac and ps - Honda-Tech

Reactions: Paterico

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
We have done a few auto Honda turbo cars at the shop. We have a customer without the ability to walk, but he loves his turbo Hondas! Cool shit.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty cool.
I used the aem fic. To stay obd2 on my 5 speed tho.
It would work on an auto just the same.
the obd2 auto is very picky about any thing being done to its ecu, care to explain how this could work? or at least how you set yours up and connected it? i may look into that on my ridgline.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gotta say that whole things sounds pretty awful.
its running amazing !! just like it came from the factory like this. so far its gained 20+ mph in the 1/4 and dropped 3 full seconds. definitely far from awful haha. I am always the one to think out side the box and come up with new ways of doing things and some people respond just like you, but remember at one time lots of people thought AC sounded awful and DC should be used.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Always enjoyed your vids. Not the fastest car around but i bet it beats driving the stock automatic turd

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always enjoyed your vids. Not the fastest car around but i bet it beats driving the stock automatic turd
thanks and yeah it has the MPH of a 13 second car so once rolling it feels good.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I dont like the idea of using an agricultural pump to inject methanol into the charge pipe for enrichment on top of a stock ECU. Thats like some 1980's shit. It may "work", but the car would run dramatically better with proper engine management.

To each there own. Im glad your having fun. That is what is important.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
the obd2 auto is very picky about any thing being done to its ecu, care to explain how this could work? or at least how you set yours up and connected it? i may look into that on my ridgline.
Basically it interceptes the crank and cam wires.
It uses these to retard timing and as an rpm signal.
Then you control injector pulse via the injector wires. You can add or subtract 100% injector pulse for bigger injectors.
Then you can controll the o2 sensor output making the ecu not see the extra fuel.
And there is a map sensor cap. Basically stops the ecu from seeing boost.while it uses its build in 24psi map sensor to read boost.
You can do your fuel maps off the build in map sensor, tps, oem map sensor or an analog input.
There is a bit of information on my frist build.
Also you can google "aem fic" for more.

Bit for the most part it works with obd2 without setting a cel and people have used them for 7th gen civics

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
pretty cool, but god do those tan teg interiors look like hell

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Didn't have the patience to watch the 31 minute video but props to you for taking the road less traveled. As Dan mentioned, I think this could be a great thing for someone who's into Hondas but can't or doesn't want to shift.

·
3,983 Posts
Didn't have the patience to watch the 31 minute video but props to you for taking the road less traveled. As Dan mentioned, I think this could be a great thing for someone who's into Hondas but can't or doesn't want to shift.
it's worth it - definitely a good idea with the MAF-controlled meth injection. maybe not as the ONLY extra fuelling (probably worth chucking an FMU on there too...) but even as a meth setup for a car with real EM it would work nicely

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,436 Posts
its running amazing !! just like it came from the factory like this. so far its gained 20+ mph in the 1/4 and dropped 3 full seconds. definitely far from awful haha. I am always the one to think out side the box and come up with new ways of doing things and some people respond just like you, but remember at one time lots of people thought AC sounded awful and DC should be used.
Good spirit man , keep up the good work!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Honestly for ems i would just do megasquirt/microsquirt wired in parallel with the stock ecu.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it's worth it - definitely a good idea with the MAF-controlled meth injection. maybe not as the ONLY extra fuelling (probably worth chucking an FMU on there too...) but even as a meth setup for a car with real EM it would work nicely
thanks i considered the FMU, however since i cannot remove timing i feel that adding the meth is a better idea, i currently can peg the wide band at 10 flat if i want which means i can add more then enough extra fuel. the meth is basically turning the fuel into e85 on demand sort of.

·
Registered
420 Posts
thanks i considered the FMU, however since i cannot remove timing i feel that adding the meth is a better idea, i currently can peg the wide band at 10 flat if i want which means i can add more then enough extra fuel. the meth is basically turning the fuel into e85 on demand sort of.
You will only be able to go so far with meth injection alone.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You will only be able to go so far with meth injection alone.
correct but we are almost as far as we can possibly go and not be replacing auto trans every week.time will tell stay tuned for updates :)

·
3,983 Posts
I'm just worried about what happens when you run out of methanol in the middle of a full boost pull

1 - 20 of 35 Posts