Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering boosting. Current setup is ls bottom end, shot peened rods, arp rod bolts, arp head studs, bottom end and head were all rebuilt. Should be sitting around 11.5:1. Was going to put a gsr head on top but thinking turbo might be better. I was thinking a gt28r on around 6psi not exceeding 300whp. Is there a better oem turbo option with ball bearing and t3 or t4 flange? T25/t28 manifolds are pricy. Trying to keep it simple.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Id go for the GSR head, enjoy the extra compression for awhile, and plan an E85 conversion and an oem subaru or nissan ball bearing turbo.

the turbos can be found on ebay dirt cheap when they need a rebuild, and good deals come up with good condition turbos.

Ive seen a 35k mile subaru 2.5L old gen turbo show up for $150 shipped in great condition.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The potato (28rs) will be the best turbo for 300hp with a t3 flange... Although I bet it would take more like 15+ psi to make 300.
I was making more than 300 @ 12psi on my potato. 6psi should put it close to where he wants it and not exceed 300. 8-10 psi should be pretty near spot on.

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Just my .02, which probably means little. I'm a nobody that knows little, but I've been planning a similar build (granted a bit lower compression) and I really like the look of the Twin Scroll 16G. The 28RS or T3-Super 60 (48 A/R) are my runner-ups if I can't find somebody to make a proper twin scroll manifold.

Ignore the yellow line. That was my attempt of figuring out at what rpm I would start seeing positive boost pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts