Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the proccess of putting multiport and a mini me swap on my 90 d15.

I would like to turbo my car, i would be building my own kit. Should i swap a ecu for vtec or should i just leave the one thats in the car now?

If i turbo it will be under 9 psi
what fuel/tune upgrade do i need for under 9 psi?

thanks alot

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
if your engine is not vtec then there is no need to put a vtec ecu in. i would convert to obd-1, get a conversion harness (75 bucks), a chipped p06, and have it tuned with crome.

·
Registered
92 Hatch
433 Posts
if your engine is not vtec then there is no need to put a vtec ecu in. i would convert to obd-1, get a conversion harness (75 bucks), a chipped p06, and have it tuned with crome.
X2 but what head are u using for the mini-me? it might raise ur compression ratio a lil higher then the average turbo setup

·
Registered
87 Integra RS-T
162 Posts
if the car is already obd-0 theres no need to convert to obd-1 to chip/tune it. You can chip the ecu you have and tune it with turboEdit, which is made for obd-0 honda ecus.

·
Registered
52 Posts
what type of turbo do you plan on using??

WHP is what breaks things, not psi.

9psi from a bigger turbo is different then 9 psi from a smaller turbo. it really comes down to VOLUME of air being moved.

sounds like ALOT of research is in your future, good luck!!

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
sorry i missed the mini me part. you will need a vtec ecu. converting to obd-1 is simpler IMO because chipping is easier, and the majority of people like crome better than turboedit. you should get a obd-1 p28 computer and i will chip it for 60 dollars.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
stay non vtec, get a chipped pm6 and run TurboEdit. cheapest route for a fully programmable ecu :TU:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it will be a small turbo, well before i start with the multiport, should i get the ob1 (p28 ecu)? and use that for my multiport swap or no?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright thanks ryan, so i should get the mulit port injection set up to my ecu that i have no and do i have to use the Si dissy to hook multi port up or no?

now back to boost, how much can the stock pump handle i only want up to 7-9 psi?

thanks alot

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
you'll need the dizzy that corresponds to the ecu you're using.

so if you're using a pm6 (obd0 si) ecu, you need a obd0 si dizzy.

if you convert to obd1 you can use a obd1 or obd2 dizzy, with whatever ecu you choose, vtec or non-vtec, to match the head.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alright, im starting to understand, i downloaded turbo edit! Great program! Now could i use the bin, that i can download d15 turbo it uses 450cc injectors
and go off that?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
you can start with a bin that closely resembles your setup, or just make a basemap from scratch.

the stock pump can support upwards of 300hp, you will be fine at the power levels you are looking at

·
Registered
857 Posts
the stock pump can support upwards of 300hp, you will be fine at the power levels you are looking at
Stock fuelpump of D15B2 DPFI engine? Are you serious? Well, atleast I can run so much fuel into my allmotor ITB Z6 with 954RR injectors and stock DPFI pump, that thick black smoke comes out of tailpipe, and WBO2 shows <0.60 Lambda 8)
I've Walbro 255lph pump, but not installed it yet.. And seems that I don't even have to with this engine.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Stock fuelpump of D15B2 DPFI engine? Are you serious?
bud of mine made 250+ on his GSR turbo in a '90 DX hatch with stock pump. ran it for a DD for a long time. ive also seen threads of people making nearly 300hp on stock pump.

would i trust a stock pump at 300hp? no. but it is possible

1 - 17 of 17 Posts