Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here she is

this car is running an EW4 sohc 12 valve motor built, owned, and raced by Cheap Trix Racing. blew it up with nitrous last year and spent the last 8 months trying to do it a different way. smaller turbine housing spools much faster than before so i dont need the no2 now. first test runs of this year at 10psi and pump gas in the 1/8th mile. around $3k total investment so far.

comments and questions welcome.

thanks,
tony and michael @ ctr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a nice CRX and hella good video....is your block stock?what valve train are you useing?
the block is bored 1.5mm over and posted and the valvetrain is stock, but with si outer and dx inner valvesprings and a reground cam

thanks for the compliments,

tony
cheaptrixracing

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Si outer valve springs and dx inner? can you explain this for me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, typo... it is dx outer and si inner. on those cars the si came with dual valvesprings (outter and inner) but the outer is smallish. the dx cars only have one valve spring but it is thicker. the dx outer combined with the si inner is the stiffest combination of factory springs so that i can avoid valve float at high rpms with the reground cam.

-tony

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ok, i didnt know that there was a d-series with dual valve springs. i know that b16s have duals on the intake side, and type r's have them on both sides, but i didnt know there was a d with them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i didnt know that there was a d-series with dual valve springs. i know that b16s have duals on the intake side, and type r's have them on both sides, but i didnt know there was a d with them
1984-87 civic/crx si's with the d15a3 or ew4 have dual springs on both intake and exhaust. those engines are different than any 88+ d-series.

-tony

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
cool. learn something new everyday

1 - 19 of 19 Posts