Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to replace my old turbine housing that is on my t3 .42 A/R garrett turbo but when i found the .48 A/R turbine housing 5 bolt it says its for GT28RS, GT2871R & GT2876R turbos. Im not sure my turbo is any of those turbos will it still fit? heres a link of the one im looking at T3 5 Bolt Ford Style Turbine Housing - GT28RS, GT2871R, GT2876R [HSG-064] - $237.00 : Himni Racing, Turbocharger, Turbo, Garrett, Turbo Kit, GReddy, Mazda RX-7, HKS, Apexi, TiAL, TurboXS, TurboSmart, Flange, Turbonetics, Exhaust, Intercooler, ACT, In

·
Registered
903 Posts
What turbo do you have? If its not one of those or compatible with those and dont have the same size turbine wheel then no it wont work.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Why the fuck do you keep looking up turbine housings for GT series turbos?

It looks like an old standard T series Garret from the one shitty picture that you posted, and you didn't even post the hot side of the turbo, so anything we recommend to you is going to be a pure guess.

Take some measurements of the turbine wheel, then go from there.

If you don't know what measurements to take, I suggest researching a little bit. Mayb try Garret's website.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont have the money to buy another turbo and this is why im replacing it. the kid i got the car form was an idiot and welded the downpipe to the housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Good luck finding one for a decent price.

FWIW, you probably need a T31 turbine housing, but you need to know what trim your turbine wheel is at the very least.

Also, IMO, that would be easy enough to fix as those welds look like shit and probably aren't all that strong.

EDIT: Here is some info:

Ok, lets look at this in more detail.

A T31 76 trim is a stage 3.
A T350 76 Trim is a Stage 5.

A T31 has 11 blades on it.
A T350 has 10 blades on it.

A T31 consists of these trims:
Stage 1= 68 trim
Stage 2 = 69 trim
Stage 3= 76 trim

A T350 consists of, to my knowledge because there may be more:
Stage 5 = 76 trim.

For comparison, A T31 76 trim(aka stage 3 wheel) has a 2.229" exducer/ 2.559" exducer.

A T350 76 trim(aka stage 5 wheel) has a 2.439" exducer/ 2.798" inducer.

art
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=489986

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
snm95ls thnx for the info im still going to take a good look at the turbo and take the info u gave me to help me out thnx guys

·
Registered
903 Posts
If the turbo you have is actually bolted to that cast manifold, I'd almost guarantee that it's a straight t3 .42 cold/ .48 hot...in which case any Ford/Saab/Volvo/etc. .48 t3 turbine should fit.
I have to agree. And in alot of cases you can go pull the turbine house from one from a junk yard. Either take your turbo with you or mic out the wheel sizes and turbine housing and match that to one from the yard.

If its a 4 bolt I would think more Saab or Volvo. I think even the later Fords where still 5 bolt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts