Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planing on building a built and boosted d16y8 and looking for the best tuning options
also intrested in weather or not the greddy emanage ulitmate is any good i would kind of like to stay obd2 for emmisions

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
one of the niches that greddy has , is the factor of staying obd-2 compliant and still offering boost, in an emissions friendly manner.

what state do you reside in?

·
Registered
982 Posts
both greedy and edelbrock offer a smog legal kit while retaining OBDII. A piggy back is not the best way to address your fuel and tuning needs, but it does allow to remain OBDII. The higher the boost/power, the less efficient it is for a piggy back to address that issue. So for moderate power increases it should be ok, although everyone around here will frown upon any such piggyback controller.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live in missouri
this is going to be my daily drivier and im going with the edelbrock kit and useing a boost controler to up the psi the trubo will max at 20 psi and 310whp and im lookin for uper 2** - 300 hp

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Sweet! Let me know how long it lasts....

Furthermore I would throw an afc hack with injectors at that setup before going obd-1. For a lot of people at reasonable boost it works. Like me even.. if it doesn't work for you then go obd-1. Ultimate is ok. Just pricey. Atleast you have ignition control. Blue box emanage is shit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts