Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most of you know, im experiencing fail on the dyno (195whp @ 16.5psi).

The most common answer ive gotten, is more timing. Heres my map vs. boostedef804's bud

His friends tune similar setup put down 292/255 on 17psi

My tune

As you can see the timing is very close... The tuner tried adding more timing to my tune, but even adding 2 degrees only yielded a 3-4whp gain... Thats why I dont think its timing, there wouldnt be tiny whp increases than a huge whp increase after a certain point would there? Can I eliminate timing as a factor?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Sounds like timing. Is your cam timing right? Is your dist retarded and you don't know it?

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like timing. Is your cam timing right? Is your dist retarded and you don't know it?
Thats the other thing, he couldnt zero the timing because dumbass(me) didnt put on the lower timing belt cover. Next time I go this will be remedied, you think it could affect it that much?!

·
11,892 Posts
Thats the other thing, he couldnt zero the timing because dumbass(me) didnt put on the lower timing belt cover. Next time I go this will be remedied, you think it could affect it that much?!
Yeah steve I would say so. My ZC was slow as balls and I'm pretty sure it's b/c my dist was retarded and I didn't know it. I thought it was the map, double checked the cam timing, but for whatever reason never thought about the distributor. When it finally dawned on me that I never checked the dist the dist fried and the car has sat for two months while I bought obd1 shit to convert it.

I can't say for sure 100% b/c the day I realized it, the dist took a shit but I am 99.9% positive that's what it was.

gl bro

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
afr? what was that...? plug gap..?? bov leaking, charge pipes leaking???

with the lower timing belt cover off... you couldnt see if the mechanical timing was on????

·
11,892 Posts

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
afr? what was that...? 12.5-13.2 plug gap..?? 20(idk how to type it in decimal form.) bov leaking, charge pipes leaking??? next thing too test, i need to rig up a valve to pressre test it.

with the lower timing belt cover off... you couldnt see if the mechanical timing was on????
no he couldnt... fixing that for next go round
His or his friends? John has an ebay 57 trim. Idk what his friend had but his thread is in the showcase...username is neek (may have some numbers at the end of his u/n, idk).

edit: His friend is using an ebay 57 trim as well

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100249&highlight=neek
his friends

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
when your tuner added 2 degrees, and you only got 3-4whp, did the engine detonate at all? if so, there is something wrong

if not, he needs to add more timing, or you need a new tuner. and put your timing cover on for christ sakes. :p

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
NO NO NO he needs to make sure his mechanical timing is in check then go and find MBT. The turbo's are close enough in size and trim that they should produce damn near the same hp if not Max should make more since its a BW. That lower timing cover is the key. And then go make sure your not getting any more compressor surge.

Think about it like this Max if your timing is 4 degrees retarded that means your entire map is 4 degrees retarded you get my drift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts