Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to honda world and needing some direction on. Picked up a 96 ex coupe with d16y7. Put together an ebay turbo kit for it now its time for fuel and tune. Goal is low boost. Daily driver nothing crazy. Got some 450cc dsm injectors. Do i need fuel rail or fuel pressure regulator? As far as tuning reading about hondata. i want do this this cheap any other good options?

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
You need a high flow red AEM fuel rail.

Has to be red.

Then your car will tune itself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lots of people will call it old school or out dated, but I'm running an AEM fic6 to control things on mine. You can stay obd2 and if down the road you want to do a vtec head swap you can control your vtec set point with it too.

The downfall of it is you can not advance timing with it, but to m a key up for that you can do a global timing advice (turn the distributor) then retard timing in your tune everywhere except where you want more timing......

I'm running 8.5:1 pistons and a cam and my Iidle is alot cleaner setting at 16-17 degrees base timing vs. The stock 12 degrees base timing advance.

I also swapped my stock fuel pump for a 320lph fuel pump, raised base fuel pressure up to 60psi and run a 1:1 boost sensitive adjustable fuel pressure regulator feeding 1000cc injectors.

You will need a good fuel pressure regulator and tune for bigger injectors before you put them in and try to fire the car up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You need a high flow red AEM fuel rail.

Has to be red.

Then your car will tune itself.
Lol your just cruel lol. ....One of my friends (i use that term loosly) swore that his stock computer in his mustang was "self tuning".....He put bigger injectors in and ran it....Two weeks later the motor was trashed and he sold the car.....He never did admit he was wrong (lol he is one of those guys that know EVERYTHING)

·
Registered
133 Posts
No need for fuel pressure regulator or the rail. Swap to OBD1 and get a real tune if you want the motor to last and get the most out of it. Judging by what you have said so far, you will not know exactly how to fine tune your motor. Not hating or anything at all sir, just do it right the first time and be done with it. This also includes getting an oil line restrictor for your ebay turbo if you want it to last.

Edit: Hondata is crap. Neptune all the way. However, tune with whatever your tuner prefers to use. But Neptune's features actually do what they say it will do, and it is updated frequently. Also, the patches actually fix whatever bug was in the program instead of claiming it fixed issues..

Also get a resistor box for the 450s if you don't have one.

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
Edit: Hondata is crap.
I bet you have never even tried Hondata, and you're one of the fanboys that can read forums.

Please share with me your negative experiences with that company, especially negative tuning experiences that YOU have had (I expect some sort of proof that it is actually YOUR experience), or get the fuck out.

By the way, This is coming from a guy who despised every aspect of Hondata, until I tried it.

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
So, you're saying that you used to be him until you ate what you spit out and liked it? :bigok: newb.
In a sense, yes. Except I never publically tried to bash them because I had no supporting evidence to turn people away from the product.

:3dbiggrin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lol your just cruel lol. ....One of my friends (i use that term loosly) swore that his stock computer in his mustang was "self tuning".....He put bigger injectors in and ran it....Two weeks later the motor was trashed and he sold the car.....He never did admit he was wrong (lol he is one of those guys that know EVERYTHING)
Those kind of people are always entertaining. Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts