Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
why would you want to? it really does not cost that much more to fill up with premium. i am sure it can be done, but my opinion it is not worth it. you already put this much effort into getting a turbo on the car, the extra $2.00at most every time you fill up is worth it.

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
higher octane reduces detonation. detonation is bad. to reduce detonation you pull timing and richen the mix. it can be done. but youll see alot more power with 91 or 93

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10 gallon tank....20 miles to a gallon....ill be hitting the gas station every 200 miles...and me driving 80 miles every day round trip...ummm ill give the the middle finger :haha:

·
Registered
915 Posts
slowcxhatch said:
10 gallon tank....20 miles to a gallon....ill be hitting the gas station every 200 miles...and me driving 80 miles every day round trip...ummm ill give the the middle finger :haha:
if your gettin 20 mpg in a civic..a HATCBACK none the less....then you, sir, have many more problems to worry bout then tuning a turbo..theres many people on here that are boosted and still gettin 30+ mpg

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
funny, I am getting 33mpg with my turbo set up. 10 gallon tank, 33 mpg, 333 mile distance. I can live with that. if you are getting 20 mpg, something is wrong with your car

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah you can do it... I'd probably get like 89 octane at least though.

You would need super low compression pistons to do so... and proper tuning.

If you have a good tuner he should tune the car to get the best gas mileage possible as well as performance.

Also you could use a water injection system like Aquamist which helps to reduce detonation in turbo and supercharged systems.

All this also depends on how much boost you're running too... at any rate proper tuning is a must.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all understandable....but im getting 300 to the tank, 200 on half and 100 on the last half...30 mpg....so yall are saying that it will stay the same with turbo...

·
Registered
491 Posts
slowcxhatch said:
all understandable....but im getting 300 to the tank, 200 on half and 100 on the last half...30 mpg....so yall are saying that it will stay the same with turbo...
It depends on how much your boosting the car. Obviosuly if you have a heavy foot and have the pedal on the floor all the time your not going to get the same mileage being boosted as N/A. I'm still pulling 30-35mpg in my boosted Z6 with 238.5whp and 11psi. Its all in the driving dude.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
TurboCivic95 said:
It depends on how much your boosting the car. Obviosuly if you have a heavy foot and have the pedal on the floor all the time your not going to get the same mileage being boosted as N/A. I'm still pulling 30-35mpg in my boosted Z6 with 238.5whp and 11psi. Its all in the driving dude.
yep, if your a lead-foot your screwed...lol trust me I know.... haha

·
Registered
57 Posts
it can be done with alky/meth kit. YOu can Run 87 all day Long and when you boost you will be running higher then 115 octane cuz that shit Changes the Octane Level To a higher One. Just Get a Good tune and never run out of winshield Washer Fuild(winter Treated)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts