Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been looking around and noticing a pretty big upcoming of tabs/ tablets ( Samsung Galaxy, Acer, LG Slate...etc...).
Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew of any tuning programs that would be coming out compatible with Android?
Most of the tablets can be converted over to dual boot Android and Windows but it usually makes them run like crud , and sometimes makes some options on them not work. So any ideas or answers on this one????

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
There was talks on Megasquirt forum about TunerStudio(their software for Megasquirt 3/MS3X) being ported to Android; but not sure what happened with that.

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Hondata will not come up with the times, but the moates demon can have a Bluetooth module attached at place of purchase, so now the biggest question is, who is going to write a Linux based tuning program compatible with the demon, android and a small touch screen, or large in the case of a tablet.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Did anything ever come out for tuning with an andriod OS? Looking at trying to tune with my tablet.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Looking to use crome.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah pretty much Honda software developers have not seen the need to take advantage of the android platform. My megasquirt which I paid $130 for, can be tuned with MSdroid, a tuning app for android cellphone or tablet. Shit I ordered a Bluetooth module off eBay for $4 yesterday, which when it gets here will make my POS megasquirt Bluetooth capable

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
I have a old laptop. Battery is fucked.

Pretty sure this tablet has better hardware then it too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's not that I don't see where things are headed in the future, I mean we did release an Android app for logging. That will allow for changing some settings with NepTune. Eventually, if there's a good way to implement it, maybe we'll have more full editing available. Tuning ignition and fuel with a touch screen currently would be a PITA.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tuning ignition and fuel with a touch screen currently would be a PITA.
Works pretty good and simple with MSdroid, a laptop is easier but the its more convenient to carry a tablet or cellphone along. Also seen some folks experimenting with hardware to enable Megasquirt tuning via WiFi/ethernet , but that's still in its grassroots currently.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Even still
A tablet is for dicking around, if you want to do real shit you need a real computer.
I currently switched from my laptop to a tablet (touch-screen) with windows XP OS (might upgrade to windows 7, but works fine now). Sure it doesn't have a lot of hard drive space, but since I just use it for tuning it works out good for me. It's a 12" screen so using the stylus it's pretty accurate for changing cells in maps.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I currently switched from my laptop to a tablet (touch-screen) with windows XP OS (might upgrade to windows 7, but works fine now). Sure it doesn't have a lot of hard drive space, but since I just use it for tuning it works out good for me. It's a 12" screen so using the stylus it's pretty accurate for changing cells in maps.
what software and how exactly does it work, will the tablet communicate with the ecu like a laptop does? i just got a tablet and i would love to be able to keep it in my car for those times my car decides to have issues with the tune, its much simpler than carrying a laptop an inverter and a power cord.

im going to buy the linszter bluetooth adapter and use that to datalog with my tablet probably

1 - 18 of 18 Posts