Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there such a thing as to max. power coming in at specific temperature on the engine? I find it strange too, so asking anyone who have any infor to share with me, tks. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes, I've heard of this too. I don't know what an ideal temperature is, because every motor is different. the more surface area in the chamber and intake, the lower the temperature, making it slightly more efficient. It's not too big of a difference to matter for N/A, but boosted engines can use this to their advantage.

Some boosted B motors use squared intake ports, the reason is of course, for surface area, the air is much cooler near the floor than it is in the middle of the port, resulting in cooling of the incoming air, allowing a denser charge, thus making a bit more power.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
slowcivic2k said:
Some boosted B motors use squared intake ports, the reason is of course, for surface area, the air is much cooler near the floor than it is in the middle of the port, resulting in cooling of the incoming air, allowing a denser charge, thus making a bit more power.
Hummmmm I doubt they use square intake port for a "denser charge". Square port are bigger and flow more air....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts