Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about rebuilding a d15b2 engine with some d15b7 components (specifically the intake monifol and ecu). Im planning on doing a .020 overbore and milling the head for 11:1 or 12:1 compression. no other significant changes are planned.

My question is weather or not I would need to ajust the tuning.

My concern is that with the overbore the engine would take in more fuel air mixture. But the injectors only supply a specific amount of fuel, creating a slightly lean mixture. The o2 sensor would normaly allow the ecu to correct this, but at wide open throttle the ecu goes into open loop and reads strait off the fuel maps. No correction. Wop is also the time when a lean mxture is most dangerous.

Am I completely retarded, or is this a valid question? Or am I completely correct, but there wouldn't be enough change to be a problem?

Another possibility is that I've heard that wop is deliberatly rich in the fuel maps. Could this lean it out to a more correct mixture and acctualy improve performance??

Any input apreciated.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
yea i would tune it.. also try and find a z6 intake mani.. its better then the b7 mani

1 - 3 of 3 Posts