Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did and it says use the base timing. Im trying to figure that out. I dont have a second set of hands to check with a timing light. Im just not sure if im only off on timing or if there's other issues beyond that like fuel. I cant get it to almost fire over without staring fluid and im not smelling fuel so maybe my fuel is off to?

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
base timing is listed on the emissions sticker under the hood.

You want to set a timing lock in the software, find the correct value with a timing light, then set that value in the software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an ek but found it online not seeing what you're talking about
Screenshot_20210608-123011.png
Screenshot_20210606-162422.png

This is what ive been using to come up with my deg but this looks more like 60degree not 75. As i said no second set of hands for a timing light

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
try 12 or 21 degrees first. 60-75 is WAY too much, and you will never get that engine to pop off and run at 60-75 degrees. Even if you had the strongest rod bearings and ringlands known to mankind.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
I dont know how the heck you came up with 60 or 75 degrees, honestly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ill give that a try. Tunerstudio says first tooth after the extra tooth so figured it was 2 teeth spacings away which would be 60 since it has 12 teeth / 360 so 30 each. That was just my thinking by what ive been gathering. Hopefully itll be around what you said then i can fine tune it once it's running

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
When in doubt with timing, always start small. Worst case with starting too early/shallow on timing, the engine is not very responsive and feels like an absolute pig. Much better than popping and farting and not doing anything lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts