Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay. I hope this thread will help me and also everyone else.

my car was running good/ok in august. I changed my catch can to a breather tank. redid my engine side fuel system with an earl's filter, fittings and braided line. relocated my vacuum box to the firewall. that's it. now the same bin i was using no longer runs my setup anymore. there's not enough fuel at idle, throttle stabs are bogging lean, hard to accellerate. but when it goes WOT same rip and afr still around 12-13.

i'll post a pic of the bay later.

my tuning tools are lc-1, willem, crome v. 1.2.5, freelog (Ostrich in the mail on its way)

92 octane
stock fuel pressure
240 cc inj
40 mm cbr itbs
~12:1 w/p29s
4-1 header
2.25" exh
stock head for now
ngk 7's

i attached the bin it was on in aug (first attachment)

and the bin i just tried, but it sukx big and the datalog from that junk bin can be found in my post in the engine management sub forum.

any advice, tips, help, comments, whatever, i really appreciat it. djsgtrip? rushi ?

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no vacuum leak.

i have my iacv just plugged in but not attached to the motor or any coolant.
My iat is also not attached or near the motor.

But i've had them setup like that before.

i'm in Hawaii. We really don't have seasons, LOL.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Maybe vacuum readings changed from moving the vacuum manifold? try hooking up a sync tool for carburetors or a regular vacuum gauge to the vac. manifold.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it did. before i'd get like 17" at idle now i get like 19"

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i just tried this bin. in the notes are what i did
also attached is the log. i tried to reverse out and accelerate forward but very hard. tip in still lean and hard to rev. however a little better

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think i found out the problem.

i talked to a local tuner. talking to him helped me realize that my cbr injectors are not 240 cc. I went back to my working bin. I richend it up the entire low cam map with the multipliers to get the car to idle. that right there says it's too small. I then WOT 3rd gear and it's too lean. i needed to richen up the low and the high map alot but duty cycle would be over 100%.

so, back go the civic injectors. :hammer:

i'm gonna throw in the akmee kit, and new valve seals and bump fuel pressure to get more fuel. hopefully only lik 50 psi at atm.

throttle tip in in the crome software helped lean throttle stab conditons a lot.

anyone using the cbr injectors? what color body and what cbr model? just curious

·
Registered
92 Hatch
433 Posts
i think i found out the problem.

i talked to a local tuner. talking to him helped me realize that my cbr injectors are not 240 cc.
I made ITB's for my car when I was gonna go allmotor I put them on the car ran crappy but it wasnt tuned at all...but I put the CBR injectors in the stock manifold and it was running fine when I had it on my Z6 I but the same manifold on a D15B7 and it runs rich at full throttle and I was thinking the same thing...are they really 240cc? I was planning to swap back to stock but I just put a adjustable regulator I had laying around instead and lowered it to around 32 psi... the injectors are from a 00+ Honda 929 maybe 929R? there black 4 orfice injectors...

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
i'm not the britest bulb in the pack but are you also running a wet fogger?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
a wet direct port setup for 50 shot.

i have those 4 holed injectors. the ones i just had on are 12 orifice dark blue body, but thinner body than the 4 orifice black. judging by the amount i had to richen, i'm guessing the thinner body = 180 cc. i also have pink thin body 6 orifice. but since i don't have facts on each's flow, i'm sticking with civic 240cc injectors.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
this is the second itb set up w/a wet direct port. the first is a b16c5 in japan and now a d-motor. sweet. :TU: i'll pm you.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nice setup by the way

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks BigTuna. yes, that's my setup for fuel of the nitrous. it's simple , effective and inexpensive. the nos setup, it's actually off right now. i will be relocating the noids to the firewall, bracing the distribution blocks (the setup-lines, foggers, blocks, move a lot if the engint moves, = scary) and changing the rubber to braid (bling;) ) debating if i should add a purge.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
he hasn't dyno it yet.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Nice set-up. :TU:

EDIT: More pics of the engine bay. Do it now!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
thanks BigTuna. yes, that's my setup for fuel of the nitrous. it's simple , effective and inexpensive. the nos setup, it's actually off right now. i will be relocating the noids to the firewall, bracing the distribution blocks (the setup-lines, foggers, blocks, move a lot if the engint moves, = scary) and changing the rubber to braid (bling;) ) debating if i should add a purge.
Very smart

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.