Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

recently finished installing my hondata traction control system in conduction with the S300 on a 350whp low timing D16.

Are there any walk through available in regards to tuning the traction control to get the best results ? Specifically the combination between, Timing retard, soft limiter and boost by gear (already currently using). Also noticed there is PID control block - how does this factor in?

Currently i have calibrated the pules / mile, as well as changed the input voltage from 3.91 to 5.0 max voltage (not sure why this is 3.91max voltage as default)

Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
hondata themselves should have a fairly basic guide if you email them and actually get a non-snippy response from them.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
They have been patently unhelpful in my attempts to get info from them and they expect that you should "just know how everything works" it seems. This is why I never have and never will recommend their products to anyone.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any help would still be good. like - what would be a good starting point for the timing retard and ignition cut values ?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
have you tried contacting hondata yet?

They do support their own products. its just a matter of if you catch them on the one or two days a year they seem to actually be helpful

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,339 Posts
have you tried contacting hondata yet?

They do support their own products. its just a matter of if you catch them on the one or two days a year they seem to actually be helpful
Until they blame 20 year old ECU's for the Hondata failures.

Locash and other tuners might have some insight on the slip angles allowed on the front and rear wheel speeds allowed for traction tuning.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyway Guys these are my settings

Minimum RPM 2000
Voltage 0 - 5v

Overslip % 2.0 / 4.0 / 8.0 / 15.0 / 25.0
Ignition Regard 1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0 / 5.0
Rev Limiter 0.0 / 10 / 20 / 40 / 60

Front Axel speed - Average of both
Rear Axel Speed - Average of both
Vehicle speed determination - Average of Rear

Wheel Speed setup @ 40km/hr
No Input smoothing active

Slip Switch
Position 1 - 2%
Position 2 - 4%
Position 3 - 6%
Position 4 - 8%
Position 5 - 10%

Output Scalar - 0.1
Output Offset - 1 Volt
Maximum Output - 4 Volt

Output Control
Output Smoothing (Not PID)

Output Test voltage to the S300 seems to work OK

However Testing the Output (Percent over slip) - when testing this feature I'm not really sure what to look for in the s300 ?

Feedback anyone?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
do you have a scanner good enough/spendy enough to have ABS access?

I would watch the ABS wheel speeds and see if anything looks out of place.

a good indicator of accurate feedback is finding a large parking lot where you can do nearly full lock turns and see the 1-4mph difference in the front tires and have the sensors actually respond fast enough to see it during fast turns.

hondata's setup reads from the ABS system, so before trying to dial anything in, make sure your current ABS setup is in healthy functioning order

1 - 9 of 9 Posts