Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuning help

I need help tuning my car I can not find anyone around to do it for me. Iv got a y8 with vitara pistons, p2p0 rods, emusa 750cc injectors, cxracing 3582 dual ceramic ball bearing turbo, p28 chipped ecu with neptune w/pwm boost option.

If their is anything else you need to know hit me up I'm willing to tell. I'm wanting to tune it. if I have to do it myself I will I just need to learn how so if you can point in me in the right direction please do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need help tuning my car I can not find anyone around to do it for me. Iv got a y8 with vitara pistons, p2p0 rods, emusa 750cc injectors, cxracing 3582 dual ceramic ball bearing turbo, p28 chipped ecu with neptune w/pwm boost option.
If their is anything else you need to know hit me up I'm willing to tell. I'm wanting to tune it. if I have to do it myself I will I just need to learn how so if you can point in me in the right direction please do.

P.s. I know a little about tuning like the basics of it i have done ALOT of research on how to but i still dont feel comfortable doing it. I have messed with it but not much

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
Stock Y8 map, pull about 1 degree of timing per lb of boost and enrich the fuel by maybe 25%. Not familiar w Neptune but most tuning software has a wizard or a page where you can set those values.

Build a det can and install a wideband if you haven’t already.

Start off gently, make a few runs while datalogging, and start adding/removing fuel based upon the wideband output.

As you start tuning in the boost columns, listen to the det can to make sure there’s no detonation. If there’s detonation, make note of what RPM you heard it at, and roughly what boost level you were at, and pull a degree or so of timing around those cells.

If there’s no detonation, you can start adding timing...perhaps in half degree intervals.

Eventually, after you’ve added enough timing, you’ll hear detonation over the det can. When you’ve reached that point, pull back 1-1.5 degrees of timing and make sure you don’t hear it on the next run. That should get you close to MBT.

That’s basically how I go about it. A lot of datalogging, a lot of small adjustments. 3rd gear is ideal but I use 2nd a lot of times because during a full RPM 3rd gear pull puts me way above the speed limit

If you’ve built the motor right, it won’t just shit the bed and can withstand some detonation while tuning. Just make sure you know what detonation sounds like!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,944 Posts
1) how many threads do you need to make?
2) have you googled your area to see who tunes in it?
3) where are you located?
4)???
5) profit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts