1994 turbo hatch
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
who: me
what: a 70mm tb
when: now
where: honda tuning suite
why: because it was free and looks sick af

ok so i’m trying to continue learning how to tune, and i want to set the base map up as close as possible before the start messing with the actual tables. rn i’ve got the injectors calibrated, dead times, etc. but i don’t know what to do about the intake manifold/tb. should i adjust the map sensor scaling, or is there a table where i can adjust so hts will compensate for the bigger tb?
this 70mm is 56% bigger so it’s leaning out in random spots but mostly 0-5ish%
thanks

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,722 Posts
who: me
what: a 70mm tb
when: now
where: honda tuning suite
why: because it was free and looks sick af

ok so i’m trying to continue learning how to tune, and i want to set the base map up as close as possible before the start messing with the actual tables. rn i’ve got the injectors calibrated, dead times, etc. but i don’t know what to do about the intake manifold/tb. should i adjust the map sensor scaling, or is there a table where i can adjust so hts will compensate for the bigger tb?
this 70mm is 56% bigger so it’s leaning out in random spots but mostly 0-5ish%
thanks
MAP sensor scaling is a static characteristic of your MAP sensor. Once figured out and entered, dont change it.

Slap the TB on and roll. There is no TB sizing table, you'll have to review the entire map again with data logging to see how the IM/TB has affected your fuel tables.

IF ENABLED, MAKE SURE CLOSED LOOP SETTINGS ARE DISABLED! Leaving them on will screw you over.

Do normal stationary warm up fuel corrections using the ECT modifier if it really changed that much for warm up (it probably won't have) but leave tables alone till at OT.

Once at OT, get the idle area of the map clean (again, only if needed) focusing on your wideband readings. Use ECT correction modifier as much as possible before adjusting the map. Use AFR logging if necessary to monitor over time as needed.

Then go for a normal drive, with AFR or Lambda overlay running and logging, whatever its called in HTS. Make sure you have setup your desired AFR vs Load lookup table already configured.

Then just add or subtract fuel from the areas needed to stay at/near your target.

Go for a few runs, tweak things, until the cells visited during your run align with your target AFR.

Once you make a single cell correction, if its significantly different then the neighboring cells, always make sure to interpolate in sections as well, to keep those neighboring cells in line.

In the end, you want the load/fuel line graph visual to follow a common shape. Ideally no rough bumps, no line crossovers at different load/rpm points, or large hiccups. Keep them all smooth, and she'll run good.

Then continue to tweak individual cells for perfection over time if you really want, but its probably not necessary. If you want part load perfection, configure closed loop fuel control to use your wideband and pick a desired AFR to stay at.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,359 Posts
MAP sensor scaling is a static characteristic of your MAP sensor. Once figured out and entered, dont change it.

Slap the TB on and roll. There is no TB sizing table, you'll have to review the entire map again with data logging to see how the IM/TB has affected your fuel tables.

IF ENABLED, MAKE SURE CLOSED LOOP SETTINGS ARE DISABLED! Leaving them on will screw you over.

Do normal stationary warm up fuel corrections using the ECT modifier if it really changed that much for warm up (it probably won't have) but leave tables alone till at OT.

Once at OT, get the idle area of the map clean (again, only if needed) focusing on your wideband readings. Use ECT correction modifier as much as possible before adjusting the map. Use AFR logging if necessary to monitor over time as needed.

Then go for a normal drive, with AFR or Lambda overlay running and logging, whatever its called in HTS. Make sure you have setup your desired AFR vs Load lookup table already configured.

Then just add or subtract fuel from the areas needed to stay at/near your target.

Go for a few runs, tweak things, until the cells visited during your run align with your target AFR.

Once you make a single cell correction, if its significantly different then the neighboring cells, always make sure to interpolate in sections as well, to keep those neighboring cells in line.

In the end, you want the load/fuel line graph visual to follow a common shape. Ideally no rough bumps, no line crossovers at different load/rpm points, or large hiccups. Keep them all smooth, and she'll run good.

Then continue to tweak individual cells for perfection over time if you really want, but its probably not necessary. If you want part load perfection, configure closed loop fuel control to use your wideband and pick a desired AFR to stay at.
<------ This!

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ok thank you this is great.
when i adjust cells, i’ve heard some people do it by row or columns? is that necessary or can i just interpolate after single cells and be fine ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts