Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my info is gone until all the BS ads are.

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
i'd recommend anything other than an innovate wideband. i have one and i know 2 other people locally that have one and we have ALL had problems with them. i also see a lot of people in various forums that have the same problems. they work for a few months then you have to recalibrate. now after doing that every couple of months for the past year, recalibrating isn't even working for me.

trust me, save yourself time and headache and just get a plx or aem wideband.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
weird i absolutly love my LC1.

i am just going to suggest you dont buy an LM1, get an LC1 with a gauge so you can mount a gauge for when you need one, and also use the serial output or 2nd output to datalog your AFR's with your RPM, boost, etc

LM1 is just a big box that displays your AFR.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I chose the wideband I have listed is so that I don't have to hardwire it to tune other people cars. Unless I am misreading the description on the site it looks like all I have to do is put the 02 sensor into an 02 bung and then plug it into the cigarette lighter and I'm good to go. I did have an AEM UEGO and will be using that in my personal car, however this one seems like it'll do a good job for the intended purpose.

I also just looked at the PLX M-300 and it seems like a pretty good deal as well. Has anyone else used this one?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I'll make some suggestions.

desoldering braid, doesn't really work that great. its weird, it'll work on some connections and then act gay on others and not want to work. I want to buy a solder sucker to try out and compare. cause I didn't have the best of luck with the braid.

What car are we talking about? I'm guessing not obd0, cause there's free dataloggers.

Laptop: I ran a 300mhz processor w/ 128 ram or 256, don't remember. but I tuned with ostrich just fine. I'm using a 400mhz w/ 256 ram now. and it runs the same. and this is with XP.

Burner: The only thing I don't like about my willem dual power is that it doesn't read chips easily and accurately. so the burn2 is probably the better choice. though I rarely even read from chips.

Ostrich kicks ass. I have a PLX m300 I love, just to throw that out there. A det can is nice to have too.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not even sure which car at this point. I'm in the beginning stages where I stockpile parts that can be used on just about any Honda but am leaning towards a H2D in a CRX swapped over to OBD1. Thanks for the input. :td:

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts

i am just going to suggest you dont buy an LM1, get an LC1 with a gauge so you can mount a gauge for when you need one, and also use the serial output or 2nd output to datalog your AFR's with your RPM, boost, etc

lc-1 is what me and all my friends have and we ALL have problems with them. maybe you got lucky, but 100% of the lc-1 units i have had personal experience with have had major issues requiring a recalibration at least every 3 months.

·
Registered
230 Posts
PLX M300 very very easy install , self calibrating, havn't had any problems with it, working great!!

my Lc-1 had the same problem that everyone else was having after I trashed it and bought the PLX and it literally took 15 min to install and havn't had one single problem been running it for over 1 year now!

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I also mentioned the PLX M-300 to a friend of mine who has a Talon and he said all the guys using them love it as well. I think I'll be going w/ it instead of the innovative unit.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I'll make some suggestions.

desoldering braid, doesn't really work that great. its weird, it'll work on some connections and then act gay on others and not want to work. I want to buy a solder sucker to try out and compare. cause I didn't have the best of luck with the braid.

What car are we talking about? I'm guessing not obd0, cause there's free dataloggers.

Laptop: I ran a 300mhz processor w/ 128 ram or 256, don't remember. but I tuned with ostrich just fine. I'm using a 400mhz w/ 256 ram now. and it runs the same. and this is with XP.

Burner: The only thing I don't like about my willem dual power is that it doesn't read chips easily and accurately. so the burn2 is probably the better choice. though I rarely even read from chips.

Ostrich kicks ass. I have a PLX m300 I love, just to throw that out there. A det can is nice to have too.
used with liquid flux works wonders

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

my tuner uses the handheld lm1... if you only going to be tuning you OWN car i suggest getting an aem eugo.. if your going to be tuning yours/others i would get the handheld... works great

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts