Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from driving around datalogging and doing a little tuning. Man is tuning hard. Usually I just turn on the o2 and let the computer pick up most of the slack, but without o2 the afr changes so much with temperature and other factors. Even with IAT correction you have to tune between 110 and 160 degree. and even if you keep the IAT's in that range the afr jumps around. it seems impossible to get idle to light cruise 1 afr...............

Is it just me or what.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just you.

:p

it took many many hours of constant tweaking on my lappy to get my afrs at a constant 14:1 at cruise.
go into a little more detail please. you have to tune iat enrichment no? you can't just tune the map. unless your tuning at 1 temp and are using different ambient temps to reach different parts of the map???? what rom editor are you using?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Turn off all correction. Tune with the stock O2 sensor turned off. Once you get decent AFRs that way, start tweaking your IAT and ECT tables, but do it one at a time, and don't make any drastic changes. Also, make sure your temp sensors aren't heatsoaking and throwing your readings off. (There is a good reason why the IAT sensor was moved for OBD2.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts