Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! New here, mechanic, electrical and diagnostic tech., starting tuner. )
Any advice for d16y8 with td04 turbo and p28 ecu, 550cc injectors I know they too big, but they under my hand... Stock motor - no more than 0.5bar boost.

That's what I made for now (didn't try to run it yet). I added Hi and Low cam tables for fuel and spark and also injector duty cycle.

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Line

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Symmetry

Colorfulness Rectangle Product Azure Font

Colorfulness Green Rectangle Slope Font

Colorfulness Green Azure Rectangle Slope

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Line

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,504 Posts
How much you believe I need to retard it?
not going to get into that....

have you done any tuning before?

it needs dyno or someone who is open alert and considerate of detcans , plug reading and vd..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have some little experience. On volvo 240 with LH.2.4, and 1'st gen Neon with FCC...
My attitude was to run it as is and see its behavior, then retard it step by step till I get the engine knocking and then re advance it a little bit backward. Btw, in CROME freshly new map for stock non turbo starts from 16.25* btdc (degrees). And on other ECU's rom 21* btdc And I saw much more inadequate numbers in bins that I looked at. I have spoon motorsport ecu with most of timing in range of advance 29-32* btdc - IMHO ridiculous numbers... Here are the ignition table from SPOON ECU:

Yellow Font Line Slope Rectangle

Anyway, I tried to run my .bin yesterday without load on the engine (had some idle fluctuations from 500 to 2000, it was expected) so no test drive was done. Would have time to tuch the car till Friday, but I will have some time to make adjustments on IAC valve control parameters in the bin. Anyway, the AFR and accelerator pedal feedback was good. Back to my question, what number you believe I should look for, of course according to your experience? - only for reference.

For example I'm familiar with wery cheap "tune" for atmo old hondas - slightly spinning the distributor to get some spark advance (better response to gas pedal and small gain in power)... 😁

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,504 Posts
have you considered using hondatuningsuite Download | Honda Tuning Suite ? I gave up on crome about 10 years ago..
just switch and enjoy..

ime. on pump gas no ethanol the y8 should run ok with 19-24* total advance at 0" from 5000rpm to redline..
cruising and accelerating sections always need allot of attention !
and by 10psi it shouldn't be any higher than 13* from 5000rpm to redline......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have you considered using hondatuningsuite Download | Honda Tuning Suite ? I gave up on crome about 10 years ago..
just switch and enjoy..

ime. on pump gas no ethanol the y8 should run ok with 19-24* total advance at 0" from 5000rpm to redline..
cruising and accelerating sections always need allot of attention !
and by 10psi it shouldn't be any higher than 13* from 5000rpm to redline......
I'l try HTS. Never used it before. 19-24... I'l try to lower to this numbers.
My worries is about hot weather and not always good fuel. I managed to get detonation on atmo dodge engine with 1:9.8 c.r. and 230psi compression in the middle of summer under load - climbing to the hill )

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,867 Posts
I'll second using HTS, but I would recommend if you're street tuning and on a stock bottom end, then max timing advance and full boost should be no more than 10.5* of timing, and interpolate from there.

Reactions: robgoof and DDex

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,504 Posts
, but I would recommend if you're street tuning and on a stock bottom end, then max timing advance and full boost should be no more than 10.5* of timing, and interpolate from there.
yup right there ...forgot about stock parts ....

show us when you think your map is close..

have used this for a start... just to look at..
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,880 Posts
That map will work but 6 degrees of timing at 9psi it's not going to make fantastic power for pump gas start off with your base timing around 26 in column 10 and pull .9 timing for low cam and 28 degrees for column 10 highcam you can also advance the timing more depending on what the engine wants most my sohc turbo are around 16 degrees at 10psi of not more all depends on the engine and turbo

Reactions: DDex

·
Registered
2 Posts
too much advance
Currently I am setting up my D15A3 engine, Integra P29 pistons and dual Weber 45mm DCOE carbs, using an Electromotive XDi2 Ignition Controller with Crank Tripper Wheel and Dual Coil Direct Fire. I need to create an ignition advance curve in the software but I have no idea where to start. Do you know where I can find a basic ignition adbance curve for this engine or do you have any ideas about advance settings I should try?
Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive super charger part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts