Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am wanting to learn whether tuning an auto is any different to tuning a manual. The car is an auto jdm d15b and i have an auto p08 which i will chip and use crome for tuning. Can i use crome to tune an auto car? And will the tuning procedures be the same as manual? I am only looking for some pointers so i can finalise my decision. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I also need a few answers on the motor my friend came with. The block is stamped d15b. The motor is an obd2 JDM motor. However what confuses me is that the head is stamped p2j and has only one vtec solenoid. I thought the Jdm d15 single vtec only came with the p08 head. Or maybe the head is a vtec e head?? How do i find out if the head is single vtec or vtec-e??

·
Registered
35 Posts
3-stage VTEC would then look different compared to the other two.. Can't find pictures, but from the specs in the shop manual it says the primary lobe of a D15Z7 engine has a height of 36.** mm, the secondary only 32.** (same height as the secondary VTEC-E lobe) and the mid lobe has 38.** mm.. it will sure look more similar to the D16Y8 VTEC cam though..

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
3rd image is a dual vtec......so Im confused at your original post

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
I bought 2 of these 3 stage d15b's, first one came with only one solenoid, they thought it would run right with a single. All 3 pictures I posted are from the 3 stage d15b,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts