Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a single carb D13 Eg civic. I think its 75bhp it has standard. I need more power! lol Anyway what way can i go about it?

I want to keep my original engine by the way! I was thinking of maybe a D15 Vti bottom block or something but ill leave the suggestions to you guys!

Cheers

·
Registered
353 Posts
you can basically just do the standard bolt ons. cold air intake, custom exhaust, header (maybe, I'm not sure if they make ones for a d13), maybe upgrade your ignition a bit just to make it run a little smoother.

I'm not firmiliar with the d13's but if they're just like any other d series engine you could probably get away with swapping pistons and rods. You'll have to look into the bore size for the pistons and how long the stroke is. I know some people have been using d16 pistons in d15s and having them work fine. If the bore size is the same as a d16 or d15 (75mm I believe) you could throw in some low compression vitaras since they're cheap and work great (so I've heard). The only other thing you'll have to worry about is compression and I'm not too sure on what rods you could use. You'd most definailty have to notch your block too when you upgrade your rods.

If you're looking for just a little more *pep* you could throw together a nice turbo kit and run some low boost. You'll have to read more into how to turbo your car though. You're pretty limited on how much power you can make with the turbo though just because of your internals.

so in conclusion...if you really have your heart set on keeping the engine you've got now your definaitly going to have to do a sh*t load of research and learn everything you can about your engine and then figure out what kind of other parts you can swap into it. In reality your really probably just better of swapping in a different motor, and actually swapping between D's isn't very hard at all since they're all basically the same, but if you've got your heart set man, anything is possible. I could be mistaken but I think there's a guy on JDMUniverse.com that's running a built d13 in a civic. If you can find someone else with the same setup that you're going for, that would make the whole situation alot easier because you can ask them for ideas and pointers.

I'd say just rock the d13 for originality. make like 250-300 HP on a 1.3 liter and blow everyones mind. I know I'd be impressed.

Best of luck to ya'

(sorry about the crazy long post)

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
lol the original poster has 1 post and joined A YEAR AND A HALF AGO... im pretty sure he either hasnt logged in since then or doesnt care anymore...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts