Honda D Series Forum banner

tunertoys vs. eagle

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  zex_cool 
#1 ·
are the eagle h-beams better than the tunertoys? because i can get the eagles for 280 + S&H and the TT for 220 + S&H

basically are the eagles worth the extra 60 bucks

#10 ·
Tuner Toys are made by Golden Eagle..... You really need to do your homework before you type....

#15 · (Edited)
So what about these SRM H beam rods http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRM-...010QQitemZ200162338347QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Premium Forged 4340 steel
Reduced weight
Matched sets ±1 Gram
3D design 2PC forged
X-rayed
Sonic tested
Magnafluxed
Heat treated
Stress relived
Surfaces machined
Stroker clearanced
Rated to 650HP
ARP 3/8" cap bolts
Capable of handling high TURBO BOOST!
Fits Aftermarket Float Type Pistons (JE, CP, Wiseco, and etc.)

C-C Length Notes Gram Weight
5.394" stock length Torque @ 37 lbs/ft oil base 500

So lets hear the bashing on these, cause they are in my setup as we speak.

#16 ·
So what about these SRM H beam rods http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRM-...010QQitemZ200162338347QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Premium Forged 4340 steel
Reduced weight
Matched sets ±1 Gram
3D design 2PC forged
X-rayed
Sonic tested
Magnafluxed
Heat treated
Stress relived
Surfaces machined
Stroker clearanced
Rated to 650HP
ARP 3/8" cap bolts
Capable of handling high TURBO BOOST!
Fits Aftermarket Float Type Pistons (JE, CP, Wiseco, and etc.)

C-C Length Notes Gram Weight
5.394" stock length Torque @ 37 lbs/ft oil base 500

So lets hear the bashing on these, cause they are in my setup as we speak.
like i posted on td16, just hope that they arent sending you the rods that are in their listing pictures, because they are going to be too short. the description says 5.394", but that 5290 stamped on the side of the rod says otherwise...

#18 ·
yeah I have 5.394 Already made sure of that. he said thats just a picture. Yes I had to notch my block to.

#26 ·
omg !!!
h beam - you HAVE to notch ! <---no matter what brand !!
i beam - no notching ! <---no matter what brand !!

back on topic, what i heard is that all of these new companies such as TT sell an overseas copy of the eagle rods.
i had tt h beam rods in my old build. cant really complain. only thing that needed to be done was to enlarge the small end of the rod b/c it was to small for the vitara wrist pin.

thumbs up for Craig !!

this winter build i went with scat rods b/c im cheap and they come with arp2000 bolts. <--- THE only reason i didnt go with TT again.

#28 ·
you are special after all. :p

#30 ·
they all come with arp rpd bolts. but arp has a few different once with arp2000 being the best and the one tt doesnt offer. tt rods come with arp50 something. which is fine b/c SOHC's dont make much power past the stock rev limiter anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.