Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to do a good write up of a turbo install.... I also wanted to showcase some of our products while doing the install.

I figured I would do this in a blog, so that it can get indexed to some of the more popular search engines. That way when people search on Google for DIY Turbo projects, our blog might pop-up in the search results, and they could see our write-up, and see our products in action.

Oh Man! Documenting a project sure adds to the time it takes to complete the project! I've done more picture taking and typing than I have done fabrication work on this thing.

You can see some of the results here - http://tunertoys.blogspot.com/. So far it covers the teardown of the car (in great detail), and the installation of the oil feed line. I have also covered the pros and cons of using the HF manifold vs a log manifold.

I know I may have missed some stuff, which I know you guys will gently point out to me. But I hope you guys approve of what I have done so far, and provide constructive feedback.

I think there is even the ability for you guys to subscribe to the blog, so thatt you'll get notices when we update it. And a place for making comments too. (If the comments are not nice, we'll turn that part off.) ;)

And those are my hands in the pictures, actually doing the work myself. Believe it or not. :)

Craig @ Tuner Toys

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
nice yo, you saveing the other port on the oil sending unit for a oil guage or are you going to plug it up w/ a 1/8 npt plug?
keep it up tho with the updates! :TU:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X292J said:
nice yo, you saveing the other port on the oil sending unit for a oil guage or are you going to plug it up w/ a 1/8 npt plug?
keep it up tho with the updates! :TU:
For now it is plugged, but we angled the block fitting so we can pull the plug and add something else later. Both side ports are 1/8npt.

Craig

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Pretty awesome! Nice Crx to by the way.. I really want one bad again :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! That one is my personal car.

A good friend of mine once said..."even when I am rich, I will still own a CRX."

I feel exactly the same way, but I will probably own several.

Craig

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Very good so far. I know its a bitch taking pics in those hard to reach places, like where the block fitting goes.

It's a good guide, makes it kind of idot proof for noobs

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments, taking the photos every few minutes really adds to the time required to complete the project.

We hope to make another surge of progress during the holidays. I'll post up if we update the blog.

Craig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts