Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Mainstream Performance in Dallas Ga today and got my JRSC fully tuned.

Put down 172 HP and 135 TQ . It is a totally different car now, I was running a crap tune before and running really rich.
Took around 23 pulls for the tune
Boost was anywhere from 9.0-9.5
Stock JDM D15B
DC Sport 4-1 Header
Skunk2 70mm exhaust with OEM Cat.
Injen CAI
Hondata S300 P28

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
upgrade your header...:) thats some real good power for a supercharged 1.5L. Great job!
I already did.. going from a 4-2 ebay to the DC. Im happy with it now. The IAT were up around 170 during the tune. need to do a intercooler here in the near future.

I thought it would make more torque. Nice numbers though.
Intercooled I would.. Everyone knows Honda's are the Torqueless wonders

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very impressive. I'd like to see pics of the car. I wish the JRSC's were still produced. I think I've only seen two on eBay in the past few months. If 172 whp is realized with just bolt ons and tune, I wonder what cams/head work would produce.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Very impressive. I'd like to see pics of the car. I wish the JRSC's were still produced. I think I've only seen two on eBay in the past few months. If 172 whp is realized with just bolt ons and tune, I wonder what cams/head work would produce.
I wonder what high compression forged internals would do, that's what I plan. There's a draw back for head work and cams on a JRSC setup

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
get rid of that oem cat and grab a quality muffler if noise is a problem

did you use the stock SC s tube or do you have a ported/reworked one?

People with more parts have gotten over 200whp from a d16, 172 is awesome from a 1.5!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ya good numbers. Look at improving the s-tube if you can. Make a new one with less bend in it. Thats a real poopy part of the JRSC or if you need a Air to water intercooler Pm me.

I made 224 whp 150 tq I think my stage 2 Crower NA cam made a big diffrence and the intercooler also. I think my set up was on the dyno for 1.5 hours got up to 110F.

Good job.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts