Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuned a d15b7y8 mini me not satisfied. Help…me

Ok it is one of my friends cars It is b7 everything but the cai, head and exhaust manifold.

After about 6500 rpms the motor begins to choke to keep my afrs happy I have to nose dive the fuel looks bad on the 2d graph. I have been playing with timing and trying all kinds of things. If I set the rev limit to 6900 I can hit it 7200 its hard 7400 the motor just holds 7200............ I cant even get to 7250. I have tuned a b7z6 and it could go 7200 no problem.

What is chocking the motor. We have not corrected cam timing? Could that be it if so what gear do I need? Could it be the stock b7 intake manifold?

It just feels like I have a potato stuffed in the tail pipe.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
retard the cam gear 1 tooth

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give that a shot. Why is the cam timing always mest up on the mini mes anyway?

Crap now I am getting a code 22 vtec fail. If I run the p28 stock no code, On crome code?? Vtec set a 5500 stock ish code come on only at higher rpm Like after hitting the rev limit.

That could be it to i suppose. I have read you need to remove the oil restrictor in the block between 2 and 3? Doesn’t the stock z6 have a oil restrictor? That would probably throw a code 21 vtec pressure switch I would think.

I just want to tune the dumb thing not fix it all lol. Every tune I have done I always have to fix some mechanical problem.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind 22 is vtec pressure. Done for today some other time.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
He is running the y8 cam gear.

So I retarded a tooth and cleaned out the vtec screen. Its is better now. What gear should I be using?

Lol my vtec fuel map looks just like your dyno print out (no wonder) before messing with the gear.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when u tune with crome there is an option for the CEL to come on as a shift light, check to make sure its not checked lol
Nope stays on all the time. Not getting the code now cleaned the screen.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
crome free also has the option to disable vtec pressure switch and vss i use that and i run 1 wire vtec from my p28 with no check engine lights at all and i dont have to worry about the dam vtec pressure switch code ever again :) i just always make sure my motor is full of oil

·
Registered
218 Posts
On another forum Bone advised the use of a 88-95 Cam gear for a y8 head on a d15b2/7 block.

Ive been thinking this is why my d15b7 mini-me "feels" better in the lower RPMs than way up top...as Im running a Zex y8 cam and y8 cam gear. But 7800rpms has never been to much trouble for it either...except the 9yr old valves seals.

When I swap heads here soon (I hope so) and get it tuned, Ill be using a Skunk2 a6/z6 adjustable cam gear.

Linky...
CRX Community Forum • View topic - a6 head on b2 block

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don’t like disabling the vtec pressure switch. Then vtec may not be one but you are running the vtec maps. I have also read it is a bit buggy. Some time will not change to vtec maps in vtec.

The code is probably mest up. Ya the shift light is just set by rpm you do have to add it to the rom.

But any ways running good now. We may get a adjustable gear and get dyno time. Or I was thinking what if I tune then tip the gear one way or another if I go lean top end didn’t I just add more air flow top end? If I go rich top end wouldn’t I have just take away air top end? I would have to have the same iat ect temps for this to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts