Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When my tuner tuned my car with MBC hooked up, we only got up to 14lbs so the car is tuned 14lbs. Now that i figured how to hook up my MBC properly, I was able to get higher than i think 25psi when I test drive the car, my boost gauge only show 25psi and the needle went to 25psi.

Is the car safe to run over 14lbs, lets say 20-25psi, or should I get my tuner and re-tune the car. I want to take the car to the 1/4 track soon thats why im asking if its safe to run.

Thanks in advance guys..

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
No,
Make sure your gauge is not faulty first. I would suggest staying out of boost until then.
A tune for 14psi is not the same as a tune for 25psi.

How was it tuned properly with the MBC hooked up wrong?

·
Registered
222 Posts
YES...it is VERY important to get a re-tune. Thats 10psi over what the car is tuned for.

Would you run 10psi on a car without a tune? Eh Eh...

·
Registered
692 Posts
what MAP sensor ? you can turn it up but it will run rich. get it retuned !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure your gauge is correct. If it is then definately retune.
Im pretty sure my gauge is correct cuz when I test drive the car with MBC hook up properly, the car pulls harder compare to before(14lbs). Why I said that, when I test drive the car with 14lbs and pull on 2nd gear it was hard to make the tires cry, then test drive again with MBC hook up properly I got up to 14lbs and the damn tires were like spinning crazy much faster.

Its my first time driving a turbo civic so let me say this, its fuckin fast....:newbie:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
WOW

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is exactly what i thought, but i figured i'd better give a legit answer just incase he was driving it like that right now!:haha:

DAMN this rep system!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts