Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so me and a buddy are going to do a tune-up on my car here pretty soon and i want to make sure i'm not missing anything...here's the rundown of what we're gonna do so far:
-ngk blue wires
-ngk v-power plugs
-stock cap and rotor
-tranny fluid(honda or redline)
-change oil
-adjust valves
-stock fuel filter

is there anything important that we should do or should we leave somthing out? i'm just trying to do this right so i only have to do it once, besides changing the oil, that happens alot-thanks in advance!

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
water pump check all belts rad. flush. couldnt hurt. def timing look for leaks on gaskets.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, we're just going to adjust them back to the stock height i guess you would say..oh and i'm gonna get a valve cover gasket for sure since it'll be pulled off...and i will check all that, but last time i looked my timing belt was fine....how would i check the timing?

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
timing light?.check rear main seal. cam shaft seal. and once again your water pump. when is the last time it was changed.. not doggin honda . but good preventaive maintanince.(sp) and what are you going t adjust to stock ?

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
prolly need to change your air filter also. if you dont want a cai or short ram i would just get a k&N drop in filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts