Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey d-series I've recently bought a used Greddy Turbo Kit it came with everything i need but injectors the past owner sold the injectors he was using before i picked up the kit.
He had the e-manage tuned with 440cc Injectors if I run the e-manage with 320cc Injectors will i need a tune?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
ugh yeah. is 440 and 320 the same CC? no. tune thru the ecu, not sure what emanage is. guessing some cheap reach around type shit. Just get a chipped p28 or p06 and go tune that way, you will gain MUCH better results. willing to bet with a real tune your car would jerk off on his setup when he had it.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Get rid of the e-manage all together and chip your ecu so you can tune it properly.

E-manage is like a band-aid.

·
Formerly weebeastie
904 Posts
Get rid of the e-manage all together and chip your ecu so you can tune it properly.

E-manage is like a band-aid.
Yes, E-manage is a piggyback and they absolutely suck. I have seen many turbo d16's attempt to run a Greddy "blue box" or a Venom piggyback and every one I've seen ended in detonation which led to engine failure.

Buying a chipped ECU is fairly cheap if you're spending the money to go turbo. Try Xenocron Tuning: Fuel Management and DIY Tuning Resource Center for Honda and Acura Performance - Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, Crome, TurboEdit, Uberdata for a chipped ECU. If you tell Chris all the specifics of the engine he will burn you 2 basemap chips to go with it. This is not a complete tune, you will have to go to tuner and have it fine tuned, but a basemap should at least get you running.

Put the E-manage on Ebay, sell it to some other guy and use that money to get a chipped ECU

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you trust his "tune" then get some 440's and send them out to get cleaned and flowed (if they are used) and then run it as is.

If it were my car, I would go with a chipped OBD1 ECU. It will be a whole lot better than going with a piggyback.

Also, if you get something like eCtune, Hondata, Neptune, etc, you get a lot of other useful functions; datalogging, launch control, etc...

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
To get you going, at very least get some 440s. But like everyone says, please seriously consider upgrading to a chipped ecu very soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.