Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm keen to tuck my radiator under the ek front radiator support panel instead of spending a bit of money buying one.

straight off the bat the standard radiator looks to tall, so i was thinking of a honda jazz/fit radiator (i can get for free) since they are pretty much "tucked" from factory.

Has anyone done this, how do i go for mounting?
Does have the smaller radiator from a jazz/fit affect cooling (standard sohc vtec)

Thanks

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Scirocco rad.
damn, lots of people have used them in builds.

I dont know if we actually got that model over here, google images of it doesnt even ring bells of ever seeing one.

VW parts here in general are a stupid price, the market never got flooded with them so parts wise the prices are high, the advise on buying them is pretty much not to buy one (pre 2000) even the newer ones have high costing parts like a clutch at cost was $2500 then add labor..

i might widen my search terms now for "tucked" before i was determined to find results on fit/jazz radiator, which gave me results such as "fitting a radiator and all that jazz"

Edit: turns out we have the newer model Sciroccos, found aftermarket radiators for the older sciroccos @ $200+

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
or a 92 golf 2.0 radiator.

the sciroccos youre looking for a 87. or the golf of the 92 generations.

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or a 92 golf 2.0 radiator.

the sciroccos youre looking for a 87. or the golf of the 92 generations.
thanks will keep an eye out for that.

im currently planning on test fitting a jazz/fit radiator in the coming week just so i can get the idea out of my system and hopefully (if it works) save $$

I have a friend whos thinking of doing the same for his wago build (roughly same shape front) so hes keeping an eye on the suggestions here.

thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so cheap thanks for doing the leg work and providing a link

comes to USD$116.76 after i add shipping etc which is about NZD$170

·