Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the tucked harnesses for sale for the b/d series engine the so called budget ones. So Ik from experience that the engine harness comes from the ecu passenger side then thru the fire wall to engine then to the driver side and connects to a plug similar to the distributor plug and goes back thru the fire wall. But on the tucked harnesses none of them have that connection from what I can see. Would I be ok running it with out the plug connected. What is that plug for. Cluster?

One of these

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I’m pretty sure with those tuck harnesses you have to disconnect that firewall plug and pull it into the cabin, then it’ll reconnect to the tuck harness inside of the car, usually through a chassis specific adapter harness.
The plug is deffo important. It carries tach signal to the cluster, signal/power to the starter, ignition power to the distributor, etc.
If you look at my build thread a few pages back, I did my own tuck harness and I made my own jumper to solve this same issue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m pretty sure with those tuck harnesses you have to disconnect that firewall plug and pull it into the cabin, then it’ll reconnect to the tuck harness inside of the car, usually through a chassis specific adapter harness.
The plug is deffo important. It carries tach signal to the cluster, signal/power to the starter, ignition power to the distributor, etc.
If you look at my build thread a few pages back, I did my own tuck harness and I made my own jumper to solve this same issue.
Thanks dude I’ll check it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts