Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a TT vacuum manifold that i need to install and i wanted to know exactly how to go about doing it?

It is basically a hollow box, with 4-5 holes on the bottom of it to install fittings. that is where you pull the vacuum from.....but there are also 2 holes at each end of the vacuum manifold.....

after it is installed, do the outlets not being used need to be plugged up?

thanks and sorry for the noob question.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have a TT vacuum manifold that i need to install and i wanted to know exactly how to go about doing it?

It is basically a hollow box, with 4-5 holes on the bottom of it to install fittings. that is where you pull the vacuum from.....but there are also 2 holes at each end of the vacuum manifold.....

after it is installed, do the outlets not being used need to be plugged up?

thanks and sorry for the noob question.
The two holes at each end are for connecting to your vacuum source on the engine, normally one of the larger ports like the one going to the brake booster. Some folks will route from engine to one end of the manifold, and then out the other end of the manifold to the brake booster. Others will just connecting one end to a tee installed in the brake booster line, and then cap the other end.

Hope that helps,

Craig

P.S. Here is the Golden Eagle conjection diagram....
http://goldeneaglemfg.com/images/VACUUM_SCHEMATIC.pdf

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
The two holes at each end are for connecting to your vacuum source on the engine, normally one of the larger ports like the one going to the brake booster. Some folks will route from engine to one end of the manifold, and then out the other end of the manifold to the brake booster. Others will just connecting one end to a tee installed in the brake booster line, and then cap the other end.

Hope that helps,

Craig

P.S. Here is the Golden Eagle conjection diagram....
http://goldeneaglemfg.com/images/VACUUM_SCHEMATIC.pdf
I like the routing info from eninge through the mani to the brake booster. I think thats the route im going to take when i install mine.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where can i pick up the vacuum fittings for both ends of the manifold?

would a local oreillys have them in stock?

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I as well love that schematic. I just got my vacuum manifold in the mail today and will be doing it that way. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
thats odd. i would have thought they would be in there. just take it to your local hardware store and they should have something to thread in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts