Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I put my motor together, and I have to questions one about the rods and one about the pistons...first the stock rods have oil holes in the top of the big end of the rod, and there is none on the top of the TT rods...Should I have drilled one? also I know vitaras make noise... and yeah it does sound a lil like a diesel...it gets better but it never completely goes away... is this normal?

·
Registered
835 Posts
bump to find out about the holes on the stock honda rods and not on the tt rods! what is the deal with this?

·
Registered
835 Posts
the holes are lubrication holes.

liek stock oil squirters.
there just to lubricate the wrist pin, and to allow the oil to escape from the rod journal.

and i don thtink your engine is supposed to sound like a diesel, wrong sized pistons?
they are oil squirter holes but why are they on stock rods and not tt rods?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm...so the sound is normal...thats good to hear...Idk what to think about the lack of an oil hole in the rod tho...I think I should of drilled a small one, so how is the wrist pin getting lubed now along with the cylinder? splash? this motor is a complete dog...I mean 8.2:1 cr isnt gonna kill the power but shit the thing is slow...I got on the turnpike and it would barely move past 100mph... the motors only got 210 miles on it, Im gonna change the oil 2morow, Oh FJT the rings came but my uncle never had a chanceto pick them up and he has to go cause it was shipped under his name and address, I think they might send them back to you...I'll paypal u another $10 and send it through UPS or Fedex cause USPS sucks balls and they never leave anything, they always make u pick it up...I ended up using the Suzuki OEM rings...had no choice... next paycheck is going to, intercooler and manifold...

·
I got a promoted! And I'm PINK!!
2,260 Posts
hmmm...so the sound is normal...thats good to hear...Idk what to think about the lack of an oil hole in the rod tho...I think I should of drilled a small one, so how is the wrist pin getting lubed now along with the cylinder? splash? this motor is a complete dog...I mean 8.2:1 cr isnt gonna kill the power but shit the thing is slow...I got on the turnpike and it would barely move past 100mph... the motors only got 210 miles on it, Im gonna change the oil 2morow, Oh FJT the rings came but my uncle never had a chanceto pick them up and he has to go cause it was shipped under his name and address, I think they might send them back to you...I'll paypal u another $10 and send it through UPS or Fedex cause USPS sucks balls and they never leave anything, they always make u pick it up...I ended up using the Suzuki OEM rings...had no choice... next paycheck is going to, intercooler and manifold...
maybe the noise is from you using the suzuki rings, i do belive you have to use D series rings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts