Honda D Series Forum banner

TT H beams or Eagle H Beams?

2K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  pnoyboldstar 
#1 ·
I dont know what the difference are. can some one explain?

#7 ·
what do you have to do to make vitara's with Eagle H beams work? and what do you have to do with TT h beams? shouldnt they fit perfectly too?
sorry Im sorta new to all this

#16 ·
correct me if i m wrong but i think with the eagles you need to notch your block and i dont think you have to with the TT's not quite sure if i m wrong some please correct me

#19 ·
The cost to clearance the block is something I didn't take in account when I installed Eagle rods. The rods were 450 clearance was 400, for that 850 I could have got lighter rods that didn't need the extra work on the block. I know it was a little steep for the clearance but it is something you may want to check into when making your decision.

#24 ·
one, ive seen eagles for cheaper than 450. two, is clearancing block notching? you can do it yourself, good write up here http://www.theoldone.com/articles/d_series_engine_building_tips/
three, lighter rods that dont need block work- i doubt it

op, im gonna say TT rods because they are proven and they are cheaper.

#21 ·
if you would have to notch using the TToys rods then it wouldn't be that much cheap alternative rod.i say if you have to notch your block if its TToys or eagle h beams then i would go with eagle since they have been in the game long making rods and such.

but i hope you dont have to notch your block with TToys

#22 ·
the only real problem the tt rods had before was that they sometimes could not be slid down the cylinder bore. they had to have a tiny bit shaved off of the sides, maybe 1mm in order to work. some of the vitara wrist pins whouldnt fit through the tt bushings either. when i had both the vitaras and tt rods i noticed that the pins WOULD fit with a bit of motivation, but was pretty tight.
tt has apparently resolved these issues with the newer rods including arp2000 bolts. i would have rather bought the vitaras before just for these minor flaws but it is nice to see a better product thats more affordable than a name brand.

#25 ·
I have been to there web site many times a lot of good info there.

For a little more than what I paid for the Eagle rods and to fit them I could have hade a custom set made. I’m not looking for and argument, I’m just saying take everything in account before making you decision.

#26 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of the good words and support for our products. Here is a couple of anwers to your questions about TT D Rods.

- H Beams do require notching.
- The bore fitment issues have been solved.
- H Beams now come with ARP2000 hardware
- Honing the pin end is still required for Vitaras.

We bought five sets of Vitara pistons from FJT this last batch. We have more rods comming in shortly. We'll be offering a combo deal on rods and pistons, with the machine work already done, in a few weeks. Look for a post here!

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.