Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to tap my auto y8 manifold for the idle air control. The motor is a z6 block, y8 head and its going to be obd1. The problem is that the iacv from obd1 is 2 pin and the obd2 is 3 pin. The problem with using the obd1 iacv is that its longer than the obd2 and the obd1 iacv hits this casting thing that sticks out of the manifold. What should I do?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Post some pictures!

I have a Auto Y8 manifold that I drilled and tapped for a manual 2-wire IACV. I had to cut off the lock tap on the harness plug in order to plug it in.

These manifolds use the "Type R" style IACV

OBD2 y7 and auto y8(Hx too)

·
Registered
26 Posts
You will need the bottom IACV on pic you've posted for the manifold and manual throttle body. pin relocation on ecu harness is also needed or you will have problems with idle. do some research on ff-sqaud, it has been covered before.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

my obd1 iacv will line up to the holes but the problem is that the electrical clip for the iacv sits right above that piece sticking out of the manifold (circled in pic) Now, can I grind that off? If i do use the obd2 iacv, how can I plug it in to my obd1 harness if the iacv is only a 2 pin plug?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Hmm didn't have that on my manifold? I don't see why you couldn't grind it off, as long as you didn't go to deep with it.

OBD1 and OBD2 IACV's that fit that manifold are the same part. You can't use a 3 pin D16y7 or auto D16y8 IACV with a 2 pin ECU, it won't work(you can't use a 2 pin IACV with a 3 pin ecu ether).

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
It's just added aluminum from when it was cast, hack it off with a cut off wheel. It has no use there anyways. Just don't cut into the manifold too deep.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
^^ NoBitchAssNess, it's a good thing to live by..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts