Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been researching and the more i research, it seems the more time i spend staying in the same spot hahaha.
88-91 Hondas seem to be the hardest year and models of hondas to get them to sit on the ground
with a Full Coilover set that is.
So now i ask for someones help.

"Woody's 1988 STD Hatchback" is how low i want to be. could anyone help me out here.

this is him.
Woody’s 1988 Civic Hatchback: Dedication at its Best | Canibeat

i've even spent the time to read his whole build thread to see if he stated what suspension he's using ...
and nothing :wtf:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
what is the problem??? Notice no camber issues :)

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Woodys car has a lot of work. Custom extended shock towers so no uca hitting and it has custom coilovers. Whats the point in being that low anyways?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
there is absolutely no reason to be that low unless you like to sit in parking lots talking about how bad ass it is to replace oil pans

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
ive been researching and the more i research, it seems the more time i spend staying in the same spot hahaha.
88-91 Hondas seem to be the hardest year and models of hondas to get them to sit on the ground
with a Full Coilover set that is.

Really?

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
elohel, bad trolls r bad mmmkay.

i wana b able to talk abt replacing oil pans, thats the thing. i wana be THAT low. my two choices so far are function and form and k-sport. i jus dnt know if they'll get me as low as i want

have any of you tried konis w GC on an EF?

Once i get that low and finally realize i dnt wana b there ... then ill let evry1 have their "i told you so's" ... but i have to get to that point first

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
ok so since I have an "ef" which is really and ed......

I can prolly give you the best advice....

fullbody coilovers like PIC, OMNI, ksport, etc will all slam the rear, but the fronts will still be too high. I had YONAKAS and i was able to get the front low, but not really as low as i wanted. The Yonakas were fullbodys and I had to spin the bottoms all the way up and spin the springs all the way down and remove a few lock rings and the rubber pad to get it low. Your best bet would be to get konis since they have a clip to hold the sleeves for the coilover. konis also can be shorter then the factory struts.

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm. uvehad some experience w coilovers hahaha.
well in the researching ive read that some coilovers,
due to the fact that they dont come w a brake line bracket,
you have the ability to slide the fork further up the body of the shock
IF you can widen it enough and get the bolt to thread through.
i haven't personally experiened this but it makes sense.
my brother has a 91 EF CRX w FF1 on it and has that same problem in the front "/

so ur saying Koni would probably be the best bet due to the shorter strut size?

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
hmmm. uvehad some experience w coilovers hahaha.
well in the researching ive read that some coilovers,
due to the fact that they dont come w a brake line bracket,
you have the ability to slide the fork further up the body of the shock
IF you can widen it enough and get the bolt to thread through.
i haven't personally experiened this but it makes sense.
my brother has a 91 EF CRX w FF1 on it and has that same problem in the front "/

so ur saying Koni would probably be the best bet due to the shorter strut size?
The Koni-Race shocks are based on the Sport shocks but are "short shocks" and have more aggressive valving. They run about $1k for a set of 4. Add some GC sleeves I think you might pull it off.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
trying to get the fork to slide up the strut is a bad idea, plus its hard to do. If you do get it to slide up enough, all you have holding the car up in the front is the friction of the fork from the 1 bolt on each fork pulling it together, one good hard bump and you could be in trouble.

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Koni-Race shocks are based on the Sport shocks but are "short shocks" and have more aggressive valving. They run about $1k for a set of 4. Add some GC sleeves I think you might pull it off.
hmm, do all race style shocks usually come with a shorter shock body?

trying to get the fork to slide up the strut is a bad idea, plus its hard to do. If you do get it to slide up enough, all you have holding the car up in the front is the friction of the fork from the 1 bolt on each fork pulling it together, one good hard bump and you could be in trouble.
hah, i believe you could be definitely right about that thought :uh:

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Or just do what those japanese guys did; no shocks/springs, just a metal rod.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
elohel, bad trolls r bad mmmkay.

realize i dnt wana b there ... then ill let evry1 have their "i told you so's" ... but i have to get to that point first
Can you translate that into English instead of troll speak.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts