Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i can't find a pic of them on the net, and the only pic i have is on my phone, anyway. the wheels are factory honda wheels and they have seven slots around the outside of the wheel that are like teardrop shaped and they aluminum. they kinda look like the 92'-95' si hubcaps but they have a cap covering the lugs with a "H" symbol in the middle, any info about these would be great thanks
here is a better pic, anyone know the weight??

·
Registered
435 Posts
those kinda look like crx si rims but pic is really hard to make out

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i'm sorry it was taken with my digital camera off myphone the only pics of crx si wheels that i can find are the five spoke ones with five holes, these have seven, they almost mirror exactly my 92'si hubcaps but they have a centercap that covers the lugs, but the slots in the wheels are almost identical and there are seven. i have been looking all over the net at stock honda wheels and cannot find them??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i found a pic of a 88' crx si with these wheels, does anyone know if these wheels are pretty light??? and they are 4x100 bolt pattern correct??? thanks alot

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
CRX Si wheels
weight: decent
size: 14 inch
bolt pattern: 4x100

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are they lighter than my stock 92' si steelies (18lbs) that's really all i'm concerned about

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
crx si saw blades is what came up from google.

Great Googily Moogily!

Those are 88/89 CRX SI wheels. A reliable source has informed me from his personal experience, the 88's were not directional, but 89's were.

I have a set on my '90 EX sedan. They are 14" 4x100 Not as light as HX wheels, but not too heavy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
so i just make sure that the points of the slots are facing toward the rear of the car?? by the way what color is that on your wheels, i am going to paint mine as well and i was thinking of gunmetal (my car is black) thanks alot by the way mine have centercaps with the "H" symbol where are yours?? they gotta be lighter than my stock steelies on my 92' hatch

·
6,710 Posts
so i just make sure that the points of the slots are facing toward the rear of the car?? by the way what color is that on your wheels, i am going to paint mine as well and i was thinking of gunmetal (my car is black) thanks alot by the way mine have centercaps with the "H" symbol where are yours?? they gotta be lighter than my stock steelies on my 92' hatch
my centercaps are all broken/cracked.

The color is "Graphite", it's a spray from "Dupli-Color" brand, specifically for wheels. I started with self etching primer to ensure that it would adhere to the bare metal.

I had sanded (by hand) the wheels down to bare metal before painting them. I'd recommend baking the wheels after painting them too. Helps prevent flakes/chips.

Primer:

Graphite Paint:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i have painted a few sets of wheels in the past, i usually just do a light sand of the wheel, a couple coats of primer, a couple coats of wheel paint and then a wheel paint clear coat to finish it off. thanks for all the info fooker!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry, there is a local performance car dealership about half an hour from where i live, where they also work on cars as well (wheels, motors, suspension, etc.) anyways these crx wheels were in the back garage and had been there for like seven years, i guess they must have took them off a crx they were working on and put something else on it and just left those there, i offered the guy $50 for all four and that was it. good deal i think!

·
6,710 Posts
sorry, there is a local performance car dealership about half an hour from where i live, where they also work on cars as well (wheels, motors, suspension, etc.) anyways these crx wheels were in the back garage and had been there for like seven years, i guess they must have took them off a crx they were working on and put something else on it and just left those there, i offered the guy $50 for all four and that was it. good deal i think!
That is a hell of a deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts