Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a supercharger for a 94 d15 am not looking to get a extreme amount of power just a lil spunkier it my dd. well if anyone could tell me where i could get one and/or how much the entire kit will cost me

im new to boost so im still learning if you could give me any advice that would be great

thanks for your help

·
Registered
324 Posts
your gonna hear alot of people just tell you to go turbo. eitherway is an improvment and sc`s are just as fun for anything except drag racing. i think sc`s and a good suspension make for an extremely fun daily driver if your near any kind of good winding backrounds with minimal traffic. superchargers in my opinion are great for roadcoarse, autocross kinda stuff for its power at the touch of a pedal capability "dont have to spool up" however lack in drag racing on most 4cyl.

one way or another in the long run the supercharger will cost you more to buy complete

parting one will be hard sence they arent as widely used in the honda community. 98% of all used FI d-series parts will be turbo

google
google
google
google
:rockon:

·
Registered
571 Posts
your gonna hear alot of people just tell you to go turbo. eitherway is an improvment and sc`s are just as fun for anything except drag racing. i think sc`s and a good suspension make for an extremely fun daily driver if your near any kind of good winding backrounds with minimal traffic. superchargers in my opinion are great for roadcoarse, autocross kinda stuff for its power at the touch of a pedal capability "dont have to spool up" however lack in drag racing on most 4cyl.

one way or another in the long run the supercharger will cost you more to buy complete

parting one will be hard sence they arent as widely used in the honda community. 98% of all used FI d-series parts will be turbo

google
google
google
google
:rockon:
I agree. The only reason why I went with a SC is because on the weekends I go driving up the canyons. I enjoy going uphill, and to me a SC was my best option, considering that it's easy to install and that it's also Cali friendly (just passed smog last month) and it keeps the engine bay looking OEM.

I bought my SC back in April, right after I bought it from the JR website they didn't have anymore, maybe I got the last one.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i would never buy anything from those guys on that site.. ever. did it once, i regretted it ever since. and yeah, i am talking about the sohc honda guys. only good guy over there is matt shue (and the members from here that are on there).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see i planedon selling my 4 wheeler to get one butt i a limited on money. i really only drive the car 5 miles to work and back and cruise on the weekends. i love the sound they make and the great response they give. i a lil 2nd gen sc mr2 for a while that my buddy let my drive when my truck was broken and i loved it..... well if anyone heres someone selling a supercharger kit for a 94 d15b7 please let me know

thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well say if i did go with a turbo for price what turbo would you get of a d15 and what price am i looking at. i have around 1000 +or- 500 for this, i dont have to buy everything a once if you think a higher priced turbo kit would be the way to go thats fine i just wont something by next year. also remember that i drive this car about 10 miles on week days and about 200 on the weekends

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have been searching online and how sells the most complete kit for my car, i have no clue when it comes to turbos and this mostlikely be a pain. on a scale 1 to 10 how hard is it to install a turbo and something i have been told is i have to upgrade my ecu to responed to the new boost is this true???

·
Registered
610 Posts
You need to get your ecu chipped and tuned, yes. But for best reliability you should do that if you go sc too. The FMU that comes with the sc kit isnt the best option for reliability IMO. All it does is to raise the fuel pressure under boost, so your poor injectors will see more than double the pressure they were designed for.

The hardest part is to read up and firgure out how everything works. Once you understand, its not hard at all, and you probably know whats going on if/when something fails. I would never install a turbo (or sc for that matter) on a daily driver without knowing ecxactly what everything does.

There are tons of info in the stickies ont this site, and other honda-sites around, so everything you need to know is right in front of you :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i think i just found a full jrsc kit fmu and all it has a 10lb pulley on it so i will have to change that and he only wonts 1100 for it.. so i think i am going that way. O and last weekend i went to some junk yards and it is almost impossible to find a a6 head that is worth fulling with, all of them were tooking apart and only half of the bolts were gone.. plus all im were gone it was like a bunch of honda needed them last week cause i went last week and they were untouched... WTF thats just my luck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts