Honda D Series Forum banner

trying to figure out the best turbo at a reasonable price for my built d16z6

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MyblkVTEC 
#1 ·
Bottom end,Eagle rods,YCP vitaras cometic head gasket
Head:supertech valves/springs kit
Neukin manifold, new gasket, tial wastegate/wastegate pipe..cant remember what else...any input would be appreciated

#3 ·
picks of said manifold would be a plus, if its cast then most of the larger turbos will require heavy grinding on the block to remove material to install big turbos

i am currently building engine with a gt2560r smallest of the bigger turbo's and still requires alot of material to be removed.

#9 ·
yeah I can agree with you there... if I could go back and change my build when I was collecting parts I would've went with a higher compression piston... but they work for what they are.... holding 300whp+ for me for 3 years no problems.... but I would recommend contacting Greg at Go-autoworks for turbo advice and competitive pricing on them... Good luck!

#8 ·
That looks like a t04b cover, so it could be a an S, H, or V-trim (3-400whp). You *need* to measure the small diameter of both wheels w/in 1/16" to get an idea what it really is. To give you an idea why, 1/4" is what separates a 60 trim t3 (300whp) from a 50 trim t4 (425whp). Also count the number of blades - t04b has 8 large & 16 total, t04e has 6/12 count.

If it's an s-trim, 250whp with moderate boost. If it's actually the china 46-trim t04e wheel, 350whp could be done with 15-20psi & a few drops of jesus piss (luck) in your tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.